Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An insubstantial meal as they were very dehydrated. However, he detected a most delectable aroma wafting in the air. It appeared to be coming from a trapdoor in the floor. Lifting the ring with his powerful jaws, he peered into the depths.

Inside it was Septimus Zero`s larder or pantry.

He was of the opinion that Septimus really ought not be named Zero, what when his larder has chicken, beef, ham and lamb.

He began to eat the ready cooked hock of roast ham...yummmm he purred.

Edited by itsmeagain

'That'll do for an appetiser, now chicken for an entrée I think, beef for main course and then lamb for afterdinner nibbles, should do nicely.' He'd just managed to work his way through the menu and was sniffing round for crumbs when Tintaglia came pounding down the stairs looking for him. 'BERTRAND!!' she gasped, ..............

'What a treasure trove, you've discovered! If you purr any louder though, you'll wake Dex and you know what he'll do, don't you. He'll cut up the best bits for steaks and grind the rest down for burgers and sausages. He wouldn't care if you stood in his way, I can just picture him happily grinding the finest bits into Dex's Delicious Dogs, so just finish that side of beef you've started and leave the rest till everyone else has left'

Bertrand grumbles, 'I like to fill up then curl up for a couple of days, I thought as Dex seemed to have become comatose,I could gorge myself!

Not even Dex could sleep through your racket...

'Time to go!' said Itsme, clapping his hands loudly. Dex woke with start, Poppy tried to look alert and Bertrand looked sulky. Just when he'd found Aladdin's Cave, as it were. 'We'll come back later when it's dark,' whispered Tintaglia. 'Maybe we could bring Dex too and he could make some sausage sandwiches!'

At that the entire merry band moved to the top of the dingy dirty stairs and opened the front door.Frankie was really not sure of what lay ahead in London. As Dex lived closest to Dickens' best known haunts, Dex was now able to declare himself expedition boss.

Itsme recognised him instantly and ushured him to the side of the street, where they had a hushed conversation. Despite Dex's determined attempts to overhear, the conversation was muted and must have been in some dialect only itsme could understand, there were a's e's R's all over the place.

While itsme was engrossed in conversation, the rest of us formulated a plan...

'Come on Eileen' was in Dex's opinion, a masterclass in lyrical and melodic transcendental experiences. Who on earth couldn't appreciate the subtle and metaphorical meanings contained in the quintessential song of the 80's, Only A...

person with musical discrimination ....uh hum I mean a musical moron. I wonder, thought Poppy mischievously, if they'll have Fat Boy Slim's Rockerfeller Skank on the jukebox. She'd once played that in a crowded redneck bar and had to leave hurriedly when things got mutinous. Such fun ........

With that in mind dex withdrew a motheaten tenner from his pocket. At the sight of it twenty people surrounded dex in the centre of downandout street and wailed at him to give them a few pence. No chance bawled dex..and with a flourish, lobbed the tenner to itsme who ran into the pipe n snail to get some beers in.....

Get em in said dex.....and itsme, the chivalrous one, asked poppy what is she drinking? Poppy said nowt at moment itsme duck but if thaz offering, i am having a bitter please.....no need to speak German said itsme, i will gi thee a beer....

Itsme approached the bar and noticed that the pub had a beer festival on, He picked up a leaflet and started to read some of the descriptions. Satan'Tipple, A full bodied ale brewed specially on nights with full moons. Two Cooks, A pale and strong ale, with hints of oak. Itsme felt a feeling of de ja vu come over him. Memories of being a teenager, vague and misremembered (mmm, So long ago, mused itsme;) He ordered and asked for tray, He carried the drinks over to the table, where the others waited. Ey up Poppy here yours, It's called...

female lions of the talking variety were pretty thin on the ground. There was only thing to do ..... go on safari. They did it. A great deal of packing was involved, pith helmets, blunderbusses, jelly babies, a container load of sausage sandwiches, The Complete Encyclopaedia Britannica ....the list was endless. It didn't help when Dex insisted on taking .........