Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.....Itsme stopped mid-sentence. 'Oh My!!'  Out tumbled an extraordinary assortment of clothes. Describing Tintaglia and Poppy's dress taste as eclectic was probably the kindest thing you could say. Itsme, mouth gaping, held up a pair of purple and green tie-dyed bell-bottoms, while Dex stared in amazement at a bright yellow and orange tartan jumper.  But the most startling piece of apparel they'd bought was .........

Which turned out to be most fortunate because at that very moment, there was a great roll of thunder and the skies opened with a deluge. The kagoule (never heard of them before Itsme ..had to google :D ) even had enough room for Bertrand to stick his head under and keep his mane dry, although his tail stuck out and soon looked decidedly bedraggled. Dex became a trifle uneasy when the lion started sniffing at his pockets and licking his lips thinking he could smell traces of sausage sandwich.

Dex knew Bertrand was going to be disappointed,because he was highly skilled and always planned ahead. No Steakout would catch him, No trace, No comebacks, Not A Sausage...

Edited by dex

.....nope, he'd made very sure of that, he'd eaten them all. In fact, he was just chewing on the last morsel now. Bertrand gave him a filthy look but thought, 'You'll keep!'

Poppy was just about to say how cosy and fun this all was when it stopped raining, the sun came out and...

Instinctively striking Bertrand firmly on the nose, 'Badboy' said Itsme. Suddenly realising that he wasn't scolding a dog, but a full grown lion. Ahhh...

Bertrand gave a throaty growl. 'Sit, Bertrand!' commanded Tintaglia. 'Itsme, you can't go around clouting him on the nose like that! He'll bite!'
'I'm sorry! I was just instinctively protecting my ....my ....assets!'

Poppy snorted and Dex ............

Chuckled to himself, and wondered what they were going to do next?

He was sure Tintaglier would suggest something as he noticed a glint in Bertrand's eye as dex watched them...

Edited by dex

'Follow me,' said Bertrand, 'I know just the place! The Scribbly Lions.'

The group were soon in front of an odd little shop that looked like it hadn't been redecorated or dusted since the 1800's.

Itsme gingerly pushed the door and  it opened with an ominous creak.

Hi, I'm dex, We understand that you have some very rare volumes of literature here?

Me and my friends here Poppy from the antipodes, Bertrand from Africa and Itsme, all the way from Yorkshire (Dex raises an ironic eyebrow :)

Septimus replies, Itsme! What an absolute pleasure to find you in such distinguished company! (Dex's Hackle's Raise)

Itsme says, yes I was fortunate to bump into,er meet up again with Bertrand, a most distinguished personage.

Ahem! Said Septimus, I was actually referring to our antipodean friend (Trying to give a surreptitious wink and failing miserably)

Oh! You mean...

..... HER??' guffawed Dex, pointing to Poppy. 'Distinguished???' Poppy aimed a swift kick at his shin. Dex just laughed some more, because she missed.

'Now, now,' said Itsme, 'Play nicely, you two!'

'What particular volumes are you after?" asked Septimus, 'I have a very rare copy of '1587. A Year Of No Importance.' which I'll let you have for a very reasonable price.'

'No, actually, we were really more looking for ....

Edited by poppy

'I'm sure I've got a first edition of that somewhere here, now let me see ....' Septimus pottered off and started sorting through stacks of teetering book-piles, sending clouds of dust into the air.

Bertrand did a huge sneeze which toppled a good many. Septimus didn't seem to notice.

'What's that funny smell?' whispered Poppy. 'It smells like rotten eggs!'

Dex and Itsme exchanged looks. 'Who's going to tell her?'

(He looks at Dex) We were in the pub, We'd had a couple of drinks and dex bet me my next 1/2 pint, that I wouldn't eat a pickled egg.

The alcohol must have gone to my head, because I just ate it without thinking. (The only thought was the pleasure of getting dex to part with some money.:)

I'm the one Paying for it know though, look at this...

'Yeah, yeah, I'm used to guys all loud and proud with their gastro-intestinal issues, but this is different, don't you remember we smelt it as soon as we opened the door here?  Do you think Septimus is some sort of wizard and he's brewing magic potions in his back passage?' :giggle2: 

Edited by poppy