Finish the thought, game (join in)

"but dear lion!!Such fuss!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder , dear". Yet Bertrand was having none of it..he slurped a wet kiss onto Tintaglias face and let go a growl of appreciation.

Edited by itsmeagain

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This caused the terror-stricken Megan Burke to cling more desperately to the tree she had climbed and her shrieks took on an added note of hysteria. Poppy rolled her eyes and muttered 'For Heaven's Sake! Belt Up, Megan!' but Itsme was far more sympathetic and talked soothingly to her, explaining that Bertrand never ate pretty girls (which was rather charitable of him, as Megan hadn't exactly been gifted with a face of the ship launching variety).  In fact, Bertrand's preferred diet consisted of sausage sandwiches of which Dex ..............

Listening to Eat Some More by Alice Cooper, "If I finish this, there's a caf over there and I can get another to hold me, until I get a fry up later..."

Slowly ambling Down the high st,dex notices a sign Free!!! Cho...

.....rus Girls, Now Showing!! Food and Beverages Available.' So Dex, having nothing better to do until the chippy opened up later, and curiosity getting the better of him, sauntered into the dimly lit music hall, bought another sausage sarnie and a pint of Best Bitter at the food stall and took a seat at the back. No sooner had he settled himself comfortably and taken a large bite of his sandwich, when the lights went out and .................

Edited by poppy

Using the most sardonic voice he could summon, Itsme!, What in the name of Fred Trueman do you think your doing on that stage!...

'Well Dex, me old pal, me old beauty, it's like this .....I was wandering down High St, minding my own business like, when I saw this sign saying 'Free Cho .....' I thought free chocolate! That's for me!  so in I walks! Well, you can imagine my amazement when I find myself on stage with a dozen or so scantily dressed chorus girls! I was just about to skedaddle before the missus found out, when the lights went out! So what's your excuse????'

Dex answered that there was a bookshop devoted entirely to crime fiction, on Never Never street, London. He had been messaged by a dude using BCF,who used the handle istringemalong, and this geezer told Dex to check out the bookshop. Oddly enough, said Dex, I was just pottering down wild goose chase street when...

Edited by itsmeagain

I saw this sign 'Free Cho .....' I thought it was 'Free Choice of Three Crime Books', so of course I mosied on in. Imagine my surprise when instead of a cosy little bookshop, I witnessed this APPALLING spectacle! I was so shocked I just had to sit down and recover my equilibrium ....hence you finding me here. Did you notice if the chippy was open? ' asked Dex, adroitly changing the subject.

'About time too!' said Dex, 'Is it safe to venture out now? Has that dratted lion gone? If he thinks I'm going to share me chips and mushy peas with him, he's go another think coming!'

'I don't think he fancies chips and mushy peas, Dex, but just don't wave them around and he won't pick up the scent.'

With these encouraging words, Itsme and Dex .....

With this aim in mind, they buried their noses in their latest book acquisitions and sallied forth. Probably not the brightest idea because, although they looked very learned and scholarly, they weren't looking where they were going and  .................

grabbed him by the ankles and heaved. The manhole was little and Itsme had broad shoulders. He stuck firm.

'We may have to leave you here a while Itsme,  like Pooh, when he got stuck in Rabbit's front door!' grinned Dex, a devoted AA Milne reader.  

Muffled words $%^&(#@ came from the manhole, which I must admit, sounded a trifle indelicate. Luckily, at just that moment, who should  happen to walk by but Tintaglia and Poppy accompanied by Bertrand the love-struck lion. They .......

Edited by poppy

the dynamite off Dex and gave him a long lecture about the dangers of letting off explosives in confined and highly populated areas. She then took out a long rope, which she just happened to be carrying on her person in case of this very kind of emergency (Tintaglia was ever resourceful). She tied it round Itsme's feet, round Bertrand's neck and with the assistance of Poppy, they hauled mightily on the rope. Next thing .................

Itsme was understandably rather dazed after this experience, but the restorative properties of a large lion's tongue can't be overstated.

'Awwww ....gerroff you great lummox!' laughed Itsme, giving the beast a hug round the neck. Bertrand purred in double bass.

After brushing himself down and checking for damage, Itsme discovered he wasn't much worse for wear, so the merry band set off for .............

The local hostelry, the pine marten's sweat band, a place itsme used to drink in, in days of yore. Remarkable, said Tintaglia, how only itsme poppy n dex keep the word and thought games going.

Edited by itsmeagain

With their intellectual musings, great senses of humour and the occasional inebriated intrusion of Itsme, that keeps the whole thread lurching and ambling along.

With the broad dialect of Yorkshire folk, mused Itsme, Just think of 'Ow meny wurds I ken mek yp' for all those learned folk to ponder over the meanings of, hmmm...

Dex's Discerning Discussions of meaning and import, like, The Human Condition.

'Hu am yow, 'Ow did I end up 'ere? Wot du yow wunt frum me?...

Edited by dex