Finish the thought, game (join in)

Going on, Why have you brought me here, I can see a big wheel, a lot of stalls full of either tat or beer/cider or pretzels or hotdogs. Where am I, I'm just a poor yokel not used to the crowds and noise.

Welcome to the german market in Birmingham a voice said, Itsme turned round and instantly thought how lucky he was to have bumped into...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Follow me as I take you on the tour of the pubs that I regularly drink in, twice or three times a week, trying to recollect...

exactly how I get there, 'cause I've already had one or three. Ummmmmm .....I think this is the way. Follow me Itsme, I won't lead you astray. (Yeah right!! thinks Itsme) Fortunately, Itsme is fully prepared for exactly this eventuality and now carries a map, an ample supply of alka seltzer and ..........

A phrase book so he can understand dex, although the thick local accent can be hard to understand at times as dex doesn't often talk to northerners as ...

he's really quite shy. Poppy on the other hand, has no difficulty understanding Itsme as she's watched plenty of TV programmes made in Yorkshire including All Creatures Great and Small, The Last of the Summer Wine, Emmerdale and Open All Hours. She can 'eeh up' and 'eeh by gum' with the best of them. She's not too sure about Dex though. What is a Birmingham accent like???

..... no problem there :D  I think we'll be able to muddle our way through without a phrase book. Poppy, on the other hand is totally unintelligible and no amount of phrase books will be much help at all. Dex and Itsme just nod politely to her gabbling and try to shut her up with ............

Unfortunately, it had been lurking in the bottom of Dex's bag for some time and had now developed it's own little ecosystem. It sported some multi-hued hairy molds that would have interested the most ardent of mycologists. Not to be deterred by these minor considerations, Dex pinned Poppy's arms behind her whilst Itsme stuffed Simmel Cake with great enthusiasm down her throat. Not surprisingly really, Poppy ..............

.....but Poppy just kept on running and was last seen boarding a train for Heathrow (do trains actually run to Heathrow??? Oh well this is fiction after all :giggle2: ) This left Dex and Itsme free to have a nice quiet beer at the nearest pub and recover from .....

... attractive lady   of 25  with long golden hair, blue eyes and an hour glass figure [Oh, wait a mo, thought Itsme, that's my fantasy

intruding into my thoughts again, ooops!]   He knocked back his glass of beer, wiped a hand across his mouth [frothy] and stretched his legs out onto the next ...........