Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Yes, good question, uh, I'd prefer that not to happen, thank you..."Tintaglia affirmed fervently. She was beginning to feel slightly awkward, and, truthfully, quite grossed out by this sudden change of conversation. Poppy replied "Umm, what are you getting at here, exactly?" ...

Poppy turned pale and clutched her throat. 'Do you mean I might die??!!'

'Don't be so silly,'said Dex, rolling his eyes, 'Now you're just being over dramatic! Of course you're not going to die. The worst that could happen is your eyes start watering and you cough.'

'Why don't we just ask Septimus?' said Itsme.

Septimus chuckled, 'Well, you see ......

"Uh, not...particularly, itsme? I was lost at 'existentialism', to be honest. Although I have been known at times to ponder all the origins, our being here, reasons for this and that, etc. but those BIG words, no, not for me"... :D

Edited by TintagliaIceFyre

Dex had drifted off looking for any murder detective books he might not have read, Bertrand had found a convenient bookshelf to lean on and had promptly gone to sleep and Poppy had been standing with glazed eyes and a slack jaw looking particularly gormless, but now with the promise of refreshments everyone perked up. 'Milk and sugar?' asked Septimus.

'Stop messing around in the passage Itsme!' Dex said.

'But, but ...I didn't ....I'm not ....I'm here!!' said Itsme, looking very indignant.

Bertrand growled menacingly and Tintaglia had to hold him firmly so he didn't leap towards the disembodied voice.

Edited by poppy

'I'll have that, thank you very much!!'

'He's getting very bossy, isn't he?' whispered Poppy to Itsme.

'I heard that, pardon. Someone has to keep you lot in check,'replied Dex, 'Black, thank you Septimus, with five sugars.'

Unfortunately, Bertrand got to them first and ate the whole plateful, including the plate.

'Well that should keep you going for a while,' said Tintaglia indulgently, giving him an affectionate pat. And indeed it did. Bertrand spent the rest of the day spitting out little pieces of undigested crockery.

As explained before, Septimus was looking for a few copies of The day nothing happened by Barnaby Rustler the less than famous Monaco tax exile. He found five mildewed copies, gave one over to all four of our bcf merry band, and kept the fifth to himself. A knock on the door was answered by Poppy who was astonished

Edited by itsmeagain

to find Frankie, standing outside. 'Look what the cat's dragged in then'

Bertrand having recovered from his earlier mishap Growled, ' I never drag anything anywhere, It gets all dirty and irritates my delicate palate'...

'What a lovely surprise! And all the way from Finland! Did you have a good trip? Septimus could we possibly have another cup for our good friend Frankie here? And we'll need another copy of your Barnaby Rustler First Edition, if that's at all possible, please.'

Septimus was looking rather flustered, this was the busiest and most exciting day he'd had since .............

He now kept them proudly on display in a jar collection on the mantelpiece, which included an odd assortment of gallstones, dung beetle droppings, ball-bearings and rubber bands. Bertrand had found something of interest amongst a pile of dress up clothes .....it was a fur sporran and he was now determined to worry it to death. Unfortunately, in his enthusiasm, he .......

Ripped the sporran to ribbons, inadvertently toppling itsmes tea all over the floor. Undeterred, septimus went on to deliver a long speech on post Rabelaisian era  and its relevance to modern literature. When the sound of snoring from dex increased,

Edited by itsmeagain

It sounded like an old bellows, attached to a kazoo and that was when dex was breathing in.

When he breathed out it was a mixture of...

an old schooner`s foghorn and a distressed barnacle goose. Oh well said Septimus Zero, if anyone has any comments on post Rabelaisian modern post realist, pre feminist, dialectical philosophical thought ..then let me know. Aside from Dex snoring, there was a silence.....

Frankie inched her way the the door, muttered 'Shopping,' and made her escape. Itsme cleared his throat and began, 'Well personally I feel within the parameters of metaphysics and linguistic relativism .....' Poppy took on her customary stunned mullet look, Tintaglia settled down comfortably with Bertrand and listened attentively, while Dex continued to sound like a cross between a whistling kettle, badly in need of a tune and a steam train releasing steam at the railway station. Septimus felt he'd found a kindred spirit. It was going to be a long night.

Bertrand made his way to the back of the shop, through a mouldy old curtain. He noticed many dusty volumes and one in particular caught his eye...

'The Very Hungry Lion.' It fitted the bill nicely. He took a large bite and chewed meditatively. Not nearly as good as Dex's sausage sandwiches, this vegetarian lark was a bit over-rated he decided. He sniffed around for something more appetising.