Finish the thought, game (join in)

....... anyone else in the world! There certainly seemed to be more of them, and most of them were not in Yorkshire.Itsme stretched and stood up, 'now where's Dex got to?' Was that him, over there in the corner of the pub with .........

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it just looks like him. No, I think it's actually .... POPPY!! Good grief, how the hell did SHE get back here again??

'Well, I got lost, and then it got all cold and foggy and I kept going round and round in circles,  and when I asked people the way, they just looked at me funny and asked if I was foreign or something and said they couldn't understand a word of what I was saying and so ......' wailed Poppy, ending on a hiccup.

'Never mind,' said Itsme, kindly 'have a nice hot toddy, that'll warm you up.' And he gave her a pat on the back, because in spite of what you're all saying, in my experience Yorkshiremen are real gentlemen and would never .......

... attractive lady of 25 with long golden hair, blue eyes and an hour glass figure [Oh, wait a mo, thought Itsme, that's my fantasy

intruding into my thoughts again, ooops!]  

:rolol: GG, don't worry, Itsme is under no illusions (or is it delusions??) :D

and looking annoyingly smug. Dex ground his teeth and resisted the temptation to give her a good slap :giggle2:

'Well, we may as well settle in for the night,' said Itsme, 'it's a proverbial pea-souper out there. Dex, your shout!'

So Dex went and ..........

settled down in a convenient doorway for the night. Passers- by started throwing them money, and some even threw some food.Unfortunately  the can of tomato soup hit Dex right where it hurts and he doubled up in anguish. Itsme started laughing but Poppy enquired in a kindly voice 'if Dex would like..........

a cold compress for that, dear?'

Dex muttered something quite unintelligible and probably unrepeatable in polite company, anyway. Despite the blankets, the foggy damp chilled them to the bone and it was impossible to sleep. Poppy, ever annoyingly cheerful, suggested singing Christmas songs to keep up their spirits. She started with a rousing rendition of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. Now the food items really started flying. Rotten eggs, tomatoes, limp celery, ......

Dex consoled himself 'I may be stuck between someone from The Ass of the World and an Assertive yorkshire man, but at least there's no' ...

risk they'll desert me in my hour of need.' Poppy takes the globe of the world off Dex  that he carries with him everywhere. 'You're such a silly Dex, you've got it upside down!!' and she gives him a playful shove. Dex ........ 

Pleasure, that's a really good one, and hoping he'd distracted itsme, settled down to enjoy a drop or three of whisky. All mine preciouses sssss ...

Rebus took a large swig then spat it out in disgust. 'Och man, that's the worst dram I ever tasted! A feel no weel, no weel at all!' (would all Scots please forgive me my abysmal Scots accent :hide: ) Dex tried to hide a grin. Before he'd handed over the whisky flask he'd laced it with a little ...........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...