Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not getting on with my little bookmark at the moment. I often get these annoying little cuts at the tip of my thumb and forefinger during the cold weather, and they catch on the thread :motz:Roll on spring/summer:irked:

I'm not getting on with my little bookmark at the moment. I often get these annoying little cuts at the tip of my thumb and forefinger during the cold weather, and they catch on the thread :motz:Roll on spring/summer:irked:

Plenty of moisturiser (non- greasy 'cos of all your hard work!) helps but it is so annoying when that happens

Kell and I had a nice time yesterday looking at Cross Stitch books/mags/internet stuff. She has some lovely bookmarks she is going to do (when Xander lets her :lol:). Lots of keen projects she has in mind too.

thank you Kell :lol:

I have also started to plan 2 presents today. 1 for my mother and the other for m-i-law. Taken from Una Stubbs - In Stitches (now out of print) a little cushion which is white work, free embroidery with drawn threadwork. Each pillow is finshed off with a scallop edge, all hand sewn with tiny beads and tiny punched holes. I will try and upload a picture when I have completed one. Each cushion is no bigger than 6 " square

Here are some of my crossstitches::lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35859284@N03/

*One of the Native American woman with 3 wolves is one im nearly finished, it as charms I must place on it too.

*Another Native American woman with one wolf - I need to buy more threads for.

*Other three I did quite a few years ago.

Fun, fun, fun!:)

The back of mine aren't too bad but then they are usually getting covered up anyway.

I have managed to get on a bit with my unfinished bookmark this weekend. I took it down to my sisters and was puddling away with it getting some of the outline done. I was trying to figure out how long it has been sitting unfinished and it is probably about 7-8 years if not longer :blush:. Why do we start projects and then not finish them.:D

Thanks to this post though it has put me in the mood again.:D

I confess that I do like the back looking nice and tidy :blush:. I also don't trail my threads across the back either in case it shows through - the maximum I take across is 5-6 stitches - even then I thread thru the back of statches. I know it sounds anal but I can't have it any other way :D

Edited by Angel

I do the same, Angel. Also, previously I used to knot my threads, but I'm doing it "properly" this time round and jst sewing the ends into the back of the stitches to keep them secure - far neater now! Am quite pleased with myself improving like this! One of these days I'll get onto more complicated projects like yours once I progress a bit more and gain more confidence... :D

Oh you are all good and dedicated - well done all of you! :)

I do at least start neatly by using a single piece of thread and then fold in 2 leaving a loop at the end, I then thread the 2 loose ends through the needle and start the first stitch and then do the first diaganol stitch and when the needle goes through the back I put the needle through the loop of the thread and I find this works well.