Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i love the challenge of big projects

Last year I made this one for Tiger

k3403.jpg

When DH and I got married (16 yrs ago) I made this one

18895b.jpg

Each one took about a year as I work full time, in between my other sewing and knitting projects, not to mention reading!

One of these days I hope to have the time, patience and talent to complete a major, complex project like those! For the moment, though, I'll be sticking to very small projects in order to keep myself going - if I see progress I'll stick at it!

One of these days I hope to have the time, patience and talent to complete a major, complex project like those! For the moment, though, I'll be sticking to very small projects in order to keep myself going - if I see progress I'll stick at it!

I know what you mean about having the patience and seeing progress. In the past I have started and stopped so many projects (although I have finished a few too!) I am however determined to finish this one of the cat.

It's slow going, but my progress so far:

post-1257-127972300672_thumb.jpg

This site may be useful for making cross stitches out of your own pictures:

http://www.picturecraftwork.com

You can only download small ones for free though.

I know there are quite a few bits of software that can be downloaded for this as well.

Wow, thank you for sharing this website loopyloo!

Angel your crossstitch is beautiful, you must be a pro now.

I saw a bookmark of buddleia and butterfies which I may get. I saw it on one website for

thank you everyone. Both took about a year to do. The big projects are not for the feint hearted though - they are compllex with lots of half, quarter stitches so some experience is necessary ( I have about 30 years of needlecraft experience :))

Kell - you seem to be making good progress - it is so frusrating trying to find time with a young baby but it will come! :)

Loopyloo - keep on in there - you've made a great start :(

This thread has done nothing but waste time as I keep going through all the sites looking for the next challenge (I collect sewing like books!!) :lol:

I'm quite chuffed with my progress on my poppy bookmark. I'm almost done with the cross stitching now and after that's done, I've just got to put it all together with the felt backing and the tassle... :)

I've downloaded a couple of patterns for samplers for Xander's nursery too - one an ABC, the other a simple maths one (with ladybugs and toys making up parts of the math equations). I've also downloaded a few patterns for plastic canvas projects that I might like to try. There's a beautiful bridal memento box that I think I'd like to make for my friend before her wedding in September as a little giftie, as well as some very elegant looking Xmas tree baubles that could look stunning in jewel colours!

Getting all excited about my craft projects now! How on earth am I going to find time to read books AND do all these?!