Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. I have recently picked up this one http://www.sewandso.co.uk/cgi-bin/find/db.cgi?db=zoom&uid=&Prod_Code=11707&ww=on&do=search_results It reminds me of Tiger as a toddler on the beach!

Lovely Angel. I just searched for the bookmarks on this site...there are loads of them and all reduced prices.....so tempting :D

Kell are you planning to do a cross stitch of something for Xander? :)

You could maybe make one of the alphabet samplers Kell, they have some gorgeous ones on that bookmark site :)

I am indeed - I think an ABC sampler would be nice. He'll also get a bookmark, of course! I might do a picture or two as well once I'm back into the swing of things... :D

Ooh, which mag was it, Pip? I'll have to look out for it!

It`s called CrossStitcher,

having looked at it properly I think it`s too hard for a novice, so I`m going to look out for an easier one, I don`t want to be put off before I start!

I am indeed - I think an ABC sampler would be nice. He'll also get a bookmark, of course! I might do a picture or two as well once I'm back into the swing of things... :D

In the CrossStitcher magazine I bought yesterday, there were some really sweet ideas for children.

A Winnie the Pooh cushion and a Building ABC.

For people who know what they`re doing there are some lovely ideas.

The trick is to cross stitch when you're watching tv :D and then read in quiet time, at least that's what I've been doing

I tend to stitch during the daytime then as soon as the light starts to change flip over to reading :lol:

I don't think I've ever been without a cross-stitch and embroidery project on the go for at least 30 yrs. That's without the knitting, dressmaking .............I can't bear the thoughts of sitting still whilst doing nothing :D

I've taken to doing a bit of cross stitch again. I bought a few small kits when I was in Hobbycraft. I tend to keep them for the summer days/evenings as I can see better than lamplit winter evenings. I do knitting in the winter - I need to get out more but I've got too many books to read:lol:

What do you all do with your cross stitch projects once you are finished? I have done lots of cards over the years so I know they get passed on for birthdays/christmas etc. I don't tend to do big projects, can't finish them quick enough (or know I will lose interest) and looks like small ones take years :lol: now too.

Have just ordered this bookmark

Edited by Inver