Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a fab one sitting half finished in my sewing box. It's Death and Death of Rats from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Maybe I'll pick it back up and finish it when the longer days come back in. (I always find it more comfortable to sew in natural daylight.)

I have a fab one sitting half finished in my sewing box. It's Death and Death of Rats from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Maybe I'll pick it back up and finish it when the longer days come back in. (I always find it more comfortable to sew in natural daylight.)

Wow - that sounds amazing! WHere did you get that kit/chart from?

IMaybe I'll pick it back up and finish it when the longer days come back in. (I always find it more comfortable to sew in natural daylight.)

I always used to find that sewing in the natural daylight much better too. It is ages since I have done any but these stitchy posts are putting me in the mood again.

If you like all kinds of embroidery / x stitch take a look at http://www.wye.co.uk. I've been to the shop a couple of times and it's a treasure cove!!!!

Don't let me near it....what a great site Angel. I love these ones

http://www.wye.co.uk/view/Cross_Stitch/Michael_Powell_Cross_Stitch/

Nice bookmark too

http://www.wye.co.uk/view/Cross_Stitch/Cobweb_Designs_Cross_Stitch/Cobweb_Arts_and_Crafts_-_Mackintosh/Ladderback_Chair_Bookmark/

Edited by Inver

So I went and got a cross stitch magazine with a free winnie the pooh pattern, got home (all excited) and realised that I don't have the right needle here (thought I did). :)

That's a shame - they used to give them free with the kits many years ago.

Was the magazine for the world of cross stitching here? I have just taken out a subscription (see here) and should be getting 2 free Cross Stitches - both with cats and so I'm happy!:D

I'm looking forward to doing that Winnie the Pooh sometime!

Aw thanks for the kind thought!

Michelle doesn't know this yet but when we meet up tomorrow I will be on the search for some lol! :)

I got one with my kit luckily, are you sure there's not one inside the kit?

No I checked and double checked. :D

Wow - that sounds amazing! WHere did you get that kit/chart from?

I think I bought the chart from e-bay for a couple of pounds and I then bought the threads/aida separately. It only needs 3 or 4 colours. Works out quite cheap if you have a good craft shop nearby.

I love that one and eventually I want to get the matching one of a little boy playing with a crab as my son was always (and still does) poke around on the beach

Now I really should not have looked at that website in more detail!!! I have just been looking at the embroidery tablecloths...........................!! (Have to wait for payday next week!)

I have just been looking at the embroidery tablecloths...........................!! (Have to wait for payday next week!)

I think that daisy one is beautiful! I miss doing embroidery like that! I used to do pillowcases whenever I knew someone was getting married & give them as a gift.

LOVE this one!

Edited by Ceinwenn