Cross stitch

lexiepiper

Got my stash order from the place that's closing down - loads of flosses, 3 packs of needles, some 22-count fabric and some 14-count ecru paper (which was loose rather than in a pack, so it's all crumpled - grrrrr! Will have a go at ironing it and see if it makes a difference, but it's pretty much unusable as it is). Typically, the one thing that they didn't include was the 10 packs of plastic bobbins - ironically, the items I needed most! I now have no bobbins to put my new flosses on and probably won't be able to go and get any till next month! Ahh, well...

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine arrived the other day as well and there were just a couple of things missing. Just a cube of 'thread heaven' missing and a piece of fabric. 30+ 6 thread Anchor, 6 Anchor Marlitt (4 thread) 6 DMC satin floss, 7 Caron threads, perle cotton white and black in nos. 5, 8 and 12, 3 packs needles, 3 Kreinek gold thread, and 2 x14 count aida.

I thought it was just me but I thought my order price was lower than what I thought it was and I received double flosses (only 2 DMCs). I don't know whether I clicked on 2 or that was their error. My ecru perforated paper was a bit crumpled too Kell.

I'm still rather miffed about the bobbins. I understand they're closing down and not restocking, but the site said they were still in stock and the items shwoed up on my order on my account (which they shouldn't have done if they were out of stock). Now I have a large stash of lovely Anchor threads and no bobbins to put them on - not fair! I was all geared up for some bobbining and since I'm not feeling great at the moment, that would have been a great way to spend some of my time as last night I certainly wasn't in a very stitchy mood (I couldn't read either), whereas bobbining is a lovely, mindless activity that you can just do while you're watching the telly and not have to concentrate!

Kell, have you ever tried one of those bobbin winders? I got one and I can honestly saying that doing it by hand is much easier for me. I really can't get used to the winders.

I have a winder, but I've hardly used it. Not only is it easier to get it all nice and neat by hand, but my winder actually has a terrible squeak - LOL!

:D Use some WD40 on it. LOL

Yeah, I can get my thread neater on the bobbins by hand winding.

The winder just moves about too much for me.

Are you going to contact the site about your bobbins? If you have paid for them and they are not in your stash you should...they should have at least adding a few more bits of floss to make up for it.

I think that's what they did for me...they sent me two of the same floss twice which I have no recollection of ordering two so I am wondering if some of the flosses that I ordered went out of stock and they added those to make up for it.

Mine arrived the other day as well and there were just a couple of things missing. Just a cube of 'thread heaven' missing and a piece of fabric. 30+ 6 thread Anchor, 6 Anchor Marlitt (4 thread) 6 DMC satin floss, 7 Caron threads, perle cotton white and black in nos. 5, 8 and 12, 3 packs needles, 3 Kreinek gold thread, and 2 x14 count aida.

Did they charge you for the items that didn't arrive? I thought my order was more than what it actually came too so I am wondering if they deducted anything of my order because they were out of stock.

I just ordered a loads of flosses and can't remember what I ordered and did not order.:D

Awww, that's so sweet Kate - they'll love it :D:)!

Amazingly, the raccoon on the back of my denim jacket now even has paws (mostly)... he should actually be finished by the end of the week if I keep this stitching pace up. My Mum's so proud, I've always been slow and rubbish at stitching but I'm getting faster and now when I make a mistake I grumble, undo it and start over rather than hurl the whole thing across the room :D I've even had to be given a quilting thimble, the waste canvas needle is quite sharp and I, being enthusiastic, kept trying to bleed all over the canvas!

Piccies to come as soon as Coonie is finished!

I designed and stitched a very quick card as it's my wedding anniversary on 1st August. I'm hoping hubby will like it. The beads are arranged so that they spell "I love you" in braille. He's not blind, it was just an idea I had for a series of card motifs and I thought I'd stitch it for him as it's not a girlie design. :)

kdanniversary2010.th.jpgkdanniversary2010closeu.th.jpg

It's actually an idea I spotted about a year ago but done in French knots and with only the braille letters, but I thought it might be nice to design a series of different greetings with a simple border and do the braille in beads. :)

These are my 2 latest little projects, because I'm taking a break from my big geisha piece ~

th_eeyore.png th_luckbird.png

And I'm thinking of starting this next ~

th_44606h.jpg

I know it's a little early, but I've had it for months and I've really been wanting to do it :lol: Besides it's almost christmas...right? :D

I'm not sure if any of you can help me, but I figured I had nothing to lose by asking here. My gran is looking for a cross stitch of a lady's head with a hat on, I guess something along the lines of this. The one I just linked to is all I could find, but I'm not sure if it's quite right, so I was wondering if any of you knew of any? It'd be a great help! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gone through this entire thread looking at all the images that have been posted of both completed projects and works in progress and I just have to say that you are a talented bunch of people!

Oh and this...

th_24ad1334.png

... has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! It is just so adorable. I have a bit of thing about hedgehogs! Can I ask where you got it from?

I've just gone through this entire thread looking at all the images that have been posted of both completed projects and works in progress and I just have to say that you are a talented bunch of people!

Oh and this...

... has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! It is just so adorable. I have a bit of thing about hedgehogs! Can I ask where you got it from?

It was a free kit on the front of a CrossStitchers magazine. I'm not sure which copy it was, but I could dig through my mags and find out if you're interested in back ordering it?

That is really good! Well done!

Thanks :D I'm in a bit of a christmassy mood now though and it's only August :lol:

Well chuffed to discover that my latest designs were featured on the Graft Gossip blog and newsletter. Resulted in my Kincavel Krosses design blog getting nearly 700 hits in the last 24 hours. :)

Well chuffed to discover that my latest designs were featured on the Graft Gossip blog and newsletter. Resulted in my Kincavel Krosses design blog getting nearly 700 hits in the last 24 hours. :)

That's great! Well done!

I've been stitching at my parents, here is where I left off:

th_SAM_0089.jpg