Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, Lexie! I didn't know until last night when someone on Facebook let me know. I'm going to see if I can get hold of the issue today and see for myself. They didn't, by any chance, leave in the web addess for Kincavel Krosses, did they? I suspect they'll have edited that out of my letter. :)

Went to the in-laws' yesterday and my lovely MIL showed me a HUGE pile of cross stitch mags she had dating back to 1991! She then said I could take them home to have a look through if I liked. She wants them back, of course, but she said she's in no hurry and if there's any patterns I like to feel free to use them.

Spent yesterday evening going through some of them and there are some great designs (she even has the first few issues of Cross Stitcher Magazine!). I still have plenty more to flick through yet too. Ooh, and to top it all, she said I could keep the cover kits - how great is that?! Even if I don't like the designs that were originally with them, I can always use the pieces for other projects. ;)

It's so great to have a nice MIL with whom you share an interest!

The first in my Quotes Collection. I'm designing each of these quotes mini samplers myself and then putting them all together in a kind of scrap book. This first one reads

"Curiouser and curiouser!" cried Alice...

- Alice's Adventures n Wonderland

by Lewis Carroll

It's stitched on white 18-count aida in Anchor 1375 (single strand throughout).

curiouserandcuriouserwi.th.jpg

It's actually a variegated thread, so no colour changes involved at all. :D As a result, I started and finished stitching it all in the same day and then assembled the page before going to bed. ;)

After 12 years...and this was initially for my nephew but I picked this up again at the end of last year for my baby niece....my completed Sleeping Bunnies Birth Annoucement sample.....finally.

th_DSC03658-1.jpg

My very first biscornu and it was tiny!

th_DSC03644.jpg th_DSC03643.jpg th_DSC03647.jpg

I have a new niece (3 days old) and I have this Hush Lickle Baby birth sampler on order and I can't wait to get it started. Looking forward to this one.

61055h.jpg

I have also a Winnie the Pooh project to do for the same niece I did the Sleeping Bunnies for. So I will be quite busy. :(

wow i love your sampler. how long did it take you to do?

12 years!!! :(

No, the story behind this sampler is...I bought it 12 years ago for my nephew but I did not do much to it at all and then stopped cross stitching altogether. Then one day last year I was up in my mums attic and found all my cross stitching stash....including this sampler....still on the wooden frame. Thankfully, it didn't stain the fabric. So I decided to finish it for my niece as now my nephew is too old for it. But I am have been doing it on and off since end of last year. If I was doing it regularly I think I would have finished it quicker. I think I even went about three months without picking it up at all. So, that is why I am so thankful it is completed.

Thanks Kate

My niece is near 11 months and I started when she was about 3 months old. But I think it is important to do a sampler that you enjoy doing and as this one was 12 years old, my taste changed. I really wasn't enjoying it as I would have preferred to do something else for her. I think what really made me finish it in the end was I told her mummy that I was doing it and I had my husband on my back asking then was I going to finished it. But I think I will enjoy doing the Lickle Baby one. :(

I just ordered:

105 Anchor flosses

1/2 a metre of cream 22-count hardanger fabric

10 packs of DMC plastic bobbins

3 packs of needles

1 pack of perforated paper

All for under

I used the same site as Kell and I got

33 Anchor 6 stranded cootons

6 Anchor 4 stranded Martlitt

3 Kreinik Gold threads

7 Caron flower threads - Waterlily range

3 lengths of pre-cut aida (14 & 18 count)

Anchor perle no 5 x3

Anchor perle no 8 x3

Anchor perle no 12 x3

Needles - cross stitch and beading

Thread conditioner and a couple of other bits and pieces

All in all -- 66 items for

Kell, were did you get your pattern? Any site I go onto they don't have an option to send by email and I would prefer it that way if I am going to pick my own threads...also because I can get it quicker. :D

Ok, this is what I have been working on lately. It is called Eeyore's Tail and it is for the same niece that I did the sampler for. I am hoping to make it into a pillow for her but we will see about that. I also need to start on my Hush Lickle Baby sampler but I will rotate these project page by page.

Oh, and I end up ordering from that site too. LOL

DSC03661.jpgDSC03670-1.jpg

Here is some stash I received today in the post.

22 Anchor stranded cotton including variegated

23 DMC stranded cotton including variegated

7 packs of Mill Hill Petite Glass Beads in aqua, pink, heather mauve, autumn flame, matte pumpkin, bay leaf and matte chocolate.

Quarter metre of 22-count Hardanger Aida in Antique White

Quarter metre of 22-count Hardanger Aida in Cream (Ivory)

Half metre of 18-count Aida in Cream (Ivory)

Ecru Perforated Paper

DSC03674-1.jpg