lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like it, Kate. :D

I've spent the evening working on my 2nd ATC - we have an alphabet theme and have to stitch the letter "C". I'm about 2/3rds of the way through that one. The other theme is an Oriental one - I finished stitching that one last night. It's a gorgeous little pond with a koi carp in it and the Japanese character for "Koi". I just have to pop that one onto a bit of card and it'll be done, but I'll do them both at the same time and post pics afterwards.

Finished another subversive sampler of my own design:

pmsandchocolate.th.jpg

Stitched on 28-count latte-coloured evenweave in DMC linen flosses (chocolate and caramel shades).

You can get the free design from my Kincavel Krosses blog HERE.

I'm afraid I have lost my cross stitchy mojo at the moment :blush: not sure why. Think it was because of the pale colour on cream Aida that was putting me off....must try to get back to it again though, as it was a bookmark I started for that project.

Gosh, I have really abandoned my cross stitching lately.

Still, haven't finished that Bunny sampler...:lol:

Well, I had more wedding stationery to do and a few jewellery projects as well. And of course, my books to read among other things. So, I think I will get stuck into some stitching after I read my current book. :lol:

I finally got around to taking pics of my last few projects and also of my big piece to show you all.

These are little magazine kits that I've been doing to have rests from my big piece ~

th_fb57635d.png th_c9e62fd9.png th_24ad1334.png

I absolutely adore the little hedgehog one, I think that's my favourite small piece I've done so far.

This is my big geisha piece ~

9be8575c.jpg

and the first pic is a photo from around this time last month, and the second is from where I'm up to as of last night ~

th_2b32942d.png th_c3a49175.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it's coming along, although I fear it's going to take me forever to finish it as I'm only about a 1/3 of the way through the first sheet, and there are 4 to do overall!

Three cards I've just finished for a charity drive (Cancer Research UK):

heartscard.th.jpgbirthdaywishesflowersca.th.jpghaveagreatdayflowerscar.th.jpg

I'm also donating the purple and green butterfly cards I stitched and posted earlier.

Edited by Kell

If any stitchers would like to stitch a card or two to donate, I'm sure the lass organising this would appreciate it. She's running in the Relay For Life, but also plans to sell stitched cards to raise extra money.

If anyone is interested, could you please nip along ot the Cross Stitch Forum and post to tell her you'd like to. She needs them all by the end of June, so it's a very short time frame, but would be extremely grateful for every single card.

(I wouldn't normally post a link to another forum, but as it's not a book one and this is for a charitable cause, I'll link just now, but remove the link at the end of June - ta muchly. :( )

I was just about to ask you how you go about donating stitched items Kell.

For a great charity and I would do anything for it. Even did the Race for Life myself in memory of my Daddy. Anyway, I don't have any cards on the go but I will look as see if I have some nice designs for ones. Need to order nice card though.

Oh, who is it on CSF? Could you pm me? Thanks

It's Kute Kitty. If you follow the link I posted it'll take you straight to the right thread (you'll have to join and/or log in first). She'll be so pleased. :lol:

I got the lovliest surprise in the post this morning. Charmagne sent me a beautidul bookmark she'd stitched and a thank you card for the charts I've been sending her (I save all my butterflies and Margaret Sherry's for her when I come across them in magazines because I know how much she loves them).

bookmarkandcardfromchar.th.jpg