Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Nessicle

Yeah, I have it on dvd.

What didn't you like about it? I loved it. Mmm Ralph...

I think Juliette Binoche's accent just throws me! I bought it and every now and then I'll watch it again but her accent........not good!! :) It's all I seem to notice when I'm watching it!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the trailer from the version you're talking about. I thought it was horrible, even the 1939 version, which I didn't like, was way better than this :), not to mention that Ralph Fiennes is just not suitable for the role. I sincerely hope that the version set to be released in 2010 is worthy of the book

Ahh, the quotes from this book are priceless...

I don't notice her accent. And Ralph has always been and will always be Heathcliff to me - it's the version I saw as a 13 year old girl who had just discovered the book by way of Kate Bush's song. I think he's perfect in the role. Not to mention gorgeous.

I know nothing about this new version!! Tell!!

There's a few disparities bewtween the 1939 film and Emily Brontes book, but there will never be a better adaption of this film than this one. Laurence Oilvier was an incredible actor, possibly thee greatest ever. Supporting cast was also impressive and the musical score by Alfred Newman is haunting and forever etched in your mind.

I know nothing about this new version!! Tell!!

Like I said, it is set to be released in 2010, it will be directed by Petter Wbber (Girl with a Pear Earing) and will star Michael Fassbender as Heathcliff and Abbie Cornish as Catherine. I can't say that MF is totally ideal for the role, but he's a great actor and more suitable than RF! (I insist!!!)

There's a few disparities bewtween the 1939 film and Emily Brontes book, but there will never be a better adaption of this film than this one. Laurence Oilvier was an incredible actor, possibly thee greatest ever. Supporting cast was also impressive and the musical score by Alfred Newman is haunting and forever etched in your mind.

Well, the 1939 wasn't excacty bad, but there were some serious changes that made the story lose much of its meaning. I generally found LO good, but some very intense scenes like Catherine's death left me untouched

I bought this:

WH.jpg?t=1239115864

I think it's beautiful. I love older looking books, although this isn't THAT old, it's only 17 years old. But it's in great condition, has beautiful artwork and looks old like a classic should! And it was only €4.50 including shipping on ebay. I loves it.

Interesting point.

I've witnessed some people look upon disheartening images of mankind with apparent indifference, yet have come over quite lachrymose whilst watching an episode of 'Friends' - Those actors? none of whom I'd imagine would be up for the 'Oliver award' It used to leave me quite non-plussed?

I own and have seen the version with Ralph & Juliette sooo many times I can't even remember the amount and I can't imagine accepting anyone else as Heathcliff either.........that said until you mentioned Michael Fassbender who I adore so I'm VERY excited to see this new version now :irked:

I own and have seen the version with Ralph & Juliette sooo many times I can't even remember the amount and I can't imagine accepting anyone else as Heathcliff either.........that said until you mentioned Michael Fassbender who I adore so I'm VERY excited to see this new version now ;)

Me too!!:)

i am reading this at the moment and am really enjoying it, it is truly romantic, i think i am in love with Heathcliffe, only about half way through at the moment so am looking forward to finding out what happens in the end

Oh I love Wuthering Heights! First read this in school and while most of my classmates hated it,I really enjoyed. I kept my copy of the book and still have it. I think I re-read it twice after school,I've been meaning to read it again..I loved Heathcliffe in it..

• 3 weeks later...

I've only read it once and can't say I was overly keen on it. I found the characters so annoying and half of the time I was just thinking to myself "get a grip!" towards some of the characters. However, I guess that meant the story still drew me in. The only character I found remotely interesting was Heathcliff himself - he seemed to have so many layers, an enjoyable enigma.

• 3 months later...

the book was hard to read in the beginning, but it draws you soon after.

It is one of my favourite books, I think perhaps one of the most powerful love stories. I didn't like Cathy though, I would have never left Heathcliff, even though I could empathise with her feelings for doing so.

It is a good book, made me cry at a few places.