Managing Your TBR Pile?

Just figired out where it is! I have been sitting here wracking my brain - I lived in Stratford for 18 months & loved it! If memory serves me correctly, it's right on the corner just before you head down Henley Street, which is the street you head down to get to Shakespeare's birthplace.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just figired out where it is! I have been sitting here wracking my brain - I lived in Stratford for 18 months & loved it! If memory serves me correctly, it's right on the corner just before you head down Henley Street, which is the street you head down to get to Shakespeare's birthplace.

Is there anywhere you haven't lived??? :lol:

:)

I just pick what I fancy!

:D

Review books first, then anything I fancy. :)

I've been lucky, I've fancied both my review books :lol: I'm going ploughing through the second one today (HOW did Michelle not like it? :lol:;) ) and I dunno what I'm going reading then... I have about 10 to choose from :roll:

I started out reading from the first book in my TBR pile, doing down in order. Now, every time I find a new book that interests me and that I've listed towards the end of the pile, that's what I start reading first :roll:. Considering how large my TBR pile has gotten, who knows when I'll get to the first books I listed.

Ah, the TBR pile.... *glances at it and winces* I have recently developed the terrible habit of buying new books even though I have several - read 10 - that I haven't yet read. Which only results in the pile getting bigger and myself getting more anxious about making time to actually read them. But, before I digress too very much: I generally pick whatever catches my fancy at first glance. Also, I am guilty of judging books by their covers, so that's one of the methods I sometimes use to decide which of the pile I'll read first.

Mine always was, literally, a pile by the bedside. If it has ever threatened to exceed bedside-pile space I stopped acquiring books until it was depleted back down to a managable level again.

Thats a clever idea.

I'll never manage it. Anyway, I have no bedside table. I have a headboard that is also two shelves. And they're not full yet :eek:

I have just typed out my list of every single book I have that I haven't yet read. 45 of them!!!! I didn't think there were that many (holds head in hand). That means I can't buy any more books for ages!!!!:blush:

I have over 100 to be read but I'll keep buying because they dont go off! and also books seem to go out of print a lot quicker these so I feel I've got to strike while the irons hot(if I can afford it that is) oh and I love second hand book shops/sites,I'm just doomed to buy books I guess.

Thats a clever idea.

I'll never manage it. Anyway, I have no bedside table. I have a headboard that is also two shelves. And they're not full yet :blush:

Oh, my Roxi..... you are doomed! Even your bed is made of bookshelves! :blush::lol:

I'm not a messy person, but when it comes to books... it's a different story. Right now i have a book pile of organised chaos... well, several. My actual bookcase is in another room and i have books stacked everywhere. I keep bringing them in when i've finished and now there are many dotted around my desk, across the floor and even in the bed LOL! I just look around and grab whatever takes my fancy and read. It's quite hectic.