Whitechapel

Ophelia

Again, they're not spoilers, they're just people's speculation.

Ben, I have a feeling about that guy too!

Great minds think alike. :lol: He's just so mysterious to me.. and if it's not him I can't think of anyone it might also be, other than the possibility it might be someone we haven't met. And I do hope that we get to find out, or that's going to ruin the programme for me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree!:giggle: For me the ending was quite satisfying. In this version, you get to see the Ripper but he gets away and you don't know who he is - just like the original! At least he doesn't get to kill the Mary Kelly character which makes it highly irregular for the Ripper so he does what he does (in case people haven't seen it yet).

I am pleased that it wasn't who was mentioned in other threads though. That would have been a cop out.

I thought it was a really enjoyable thriller though.

Each to their own, I would have preferred it to be someone that was mentioned, or at the very least someone that we'd seen in the earlier episodes. Saying that.. I was sure I recognised him.. but that just might have been my imagination.

Each to their own, I would have preferred it to be someone that was mentioned, or at the very least someone that we'd seen in the earlier episodes. Saying that.. I was sure I recognised him.. but that just might have been my imagination.

I see what you mean, but I think we were seeing this through the eyes of the Investigation Team. If the character had popped up earlier, he would have been on our minds - this was a red herring but I think it was a well thought up one.

...... I was sure I recognised him.. but that just might have been my imagination.

I thought that too, I wish I`d recorded it so I could look back and check, but like you I assume it was my imagination.

Wasn't he the doctor at the hospital? Enjoyed the programme but found the final episode a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. But, as has been said, it was a well made, well acted drama and, now that the DI has been put back on normal duties, I wouldn't be suprised to see the team back in further adventures.

In the real Ripper case one of the suspects, Mongague Druitt, drowned himself in the Thames.

Wasn't he the doctor at the hospital?

Yes, that's what I understood.

I have to disagree!:giggle: For me the ending was quite satisfying. In this version, you get to see the Ripper but he gets away and you don't know who he is - just like the original!

I agree - we actually got to see him almost kill her, then being stopped by the detectives.. but we never found out his TRUE identity.

Wasn't he the doctor at the hospital?.....

thank you- I thought I`d seen him!

I enjoyed Whitechapel and was happy with the ending, I thought it was a really good thriller, it certainly kept people guessing. I`m sure we`ll be seeing more of the team, I hope so anyway. :giggle:

Yes, he was the doctor but not it a scene long enough for us to have our suspicions roused. Clever!:D

It was also reckoned that the original Jack was a doctor of some sort by the way he used precision instruments to use on his victims.

Did anyone see the film From Hell? I thought that was as near to the story that you could get (and to droole over Johnny D of course:mrgreen:).

Well in that case the ending wasn't so bad. I guess I was just a bit annoyed because I didn't think we know who the person was. On reflection I'm ok with it now. :D I hope they'll be making another series with the same team.