Mo Hayder

Heather

I have Just finished Pig Isand and if any one wants to read this book just let me know. I will be putting a review on my wordpress soon about Pig Island. Seven years ago I read The Treatment for a comminications class at college. Mo Hayder is an excellent author and her books are chilling and full of twists.

To be fair, this is the only Mo Hayder book I have read and I mentioned this book in the "most disturbing books" thread. After almost two years, I still feel queasy about this book. I hated Oaksey and his ex and felt I needed a shower after reading this book:blush:

I may give her another go in the future though, but not sure what would be a good book to pick up. Some people have told me Tokyo is a good one to tackle?

• 4 weeks later...
I have Just finished Pig Isand and if any one wants to read this book just let me know. I will be putting a review on my wordpress soon about Pig Island. Seven years ago I read The Treatment for a comminications class at college. Mo Hayder is an excellent author and her books are chilling and full of twists.

Let's know when your review is ready burghead lass, I would love to read it.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started Ritual. I am only a few pages in and I know already that I will finish it.

I am hoping that this is another author that I will grow to like, one that I would never have considered/found, if it hadn't been for this forum.

I'm so pleased I found you all.:lol:

Thank you

• 3 months later...

I havn't read Tokyo the only onther book of her that I've read id Tghe Treatment. Shame you think that you should avoid Pig Island cos it's sitting on my shelve waiting for a good home. Oh well thats how it goes.:)

I couldn't stop reading Pig Island either, but it's really not good.

I agree with you if that had been the first book I had read I wouldn't have wanted to read any more as it was I read The Treatment for college and wanted more.

• 8 months later...

I am a great fan of Mz Hyder and if there is not a present thread I would love to discuss her books...gruesome...I have seen mention of her books in various posts...she has a new hardback out anyone read?

Pig Island was not a comfortable read indeed some might argue that it was not well written. When I first started reading it I thought I will not continue...just can't get into, however I found it strangely addictive and when finished I found myself thinking often about the book and the subject matter...that made me realize that on another level the book was excellent and I did rate highly on my amazon review. Having said that I much prefer the series with Jack Caffery and look forward to reading the new Jack Caffery which has just been released.