A Killing Frost - RD Wingfield

Nellie

I had a search, but couldn't see a thread for this, so thought I would start one.

From the Waterstones Website:

The discovery of two young girls' bodies leaves Detective Inspector Jack Frost in a race to hunt down the killer before he, or she, can strike again. At the same time he faces a crisis at Denton police station which could result in him being sacked. Jack Frost, brought to magnificent life by David Jason in the TV series, staggers from crisis to crisis, his bumbling modus operandi disguising his extraordinary powers of detection.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the Frost books, and the pace of this one kept me hooked to the end, in fact I couldn't read it fast enough. Mulitple murder, rape, blackmail and a really nasty new DCI keeps Frost and his team on their toes. The cases are beautifully plotted and with so much going on you really feel as though you are in the thick of it all.

Fantastic book! 9/10

• 2 weeks later...

I used to love the Frost books then I read one (can't remember the title) which had so much rape, beatings up, murder and general unpleasantness in it that I realised thaat not only wasn't I enjoying all this but that most of the Frost books had more than their fair shaare of human beastliness. Haven't read one since.