Favourite chick-lit author?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite has become Katherine Center- I've read her first two books- Everyone is Beautiful and The Bright Side of Disaster- and am awaiting her third book Just Lucky from Amazon any day now- she write about women trying to juggle careers, motherhood and relationship issues and does it with a lot of humor and warmth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like Marian Keyes (apart from her last book). I also like to read Katie Fforde and Monica McInerney. It is sooo good to read something light-hearted after a challenging novel or biography. Couldn't live without chicklit.

for me it's marian keyes and carole matthews

Thanks for pointing out Carole Matthews - I just read my first book by her (It's now or never) and really enjoyed it. OK, it is very predictable but who cares? I'm going to read more of her books in the future :D

Greta

Ooh yeah, I forgot Carole Matthews too. Her books are great, well with the exception of one that is, It's a Kind of Magic, which I have never quite been able to read in full... yet.

I'm reading one of hers at the moment, The Difference a Day Makes, and it is turning out to be another fantastic read! It's really making me chuckle!

Edited by Ms Squiggles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

my favourite chic-lit writers are

marian keyes

Jackie Collins

carole matthews

cecelia ahern

One of my favourites is Patricia Scanlan, I also like Jilly Cooper and Fiona Walker for pure escapism.

They are great to read after I have read a more challenging read as I feel they are easy to pick up and read quite quickly just before bedtime :Zzzz: :Zzzz: :Zzzz::readingtwo:

I've posted in this thread before, but it was back in 2009, so I'd like to reaffirm that Anna McPartlin is one of the best chick-lit writers I have EVER come across, and one of a very very select few I can actually bear to read, as I'm not a massive fan of the genre.

• 2 weeks later...

Shin, I also love the Stephanie Plum series. Well, 1-10 anyway, after that it was all down hill. =(

Don't say that - I got 11 in a book swap got 9 out of the library the other day (the lowest one they had) to give it a try so WAS looking forward to reading 11 next

• 3 weeks later...

I have lots of favourite authors but absolutely love Debbie Macomber who I have recently discovered. I have read all of the Blossom Street books and now starting on Cedar Cove, brilliant!

I totally agree with you about loving Debbie's books, and cedar cove and blossom street are my fave series too

• 1 month later...

For me, it's Sophie Kinsella, Jill Mansell, Melissa Nathan and Jane Costello. Chick lit is my not so guilty pleasure. I find them light hearted, funny, and I want to know where I can find men like the heros!!! And Although not quite chick lit, but I feel it deserves a mention are the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, they are laugh out loud funny and have 2 very very sexy leading men. And out of all the books I've read, the one character I would really like to be is Stephanie Plum :)

And I've noticed, I can't spell!

Hello I have looked through this whole thread out of curiosity. I don't know enough about the genre of chick-lit to know whether I should be surprised or not, but I read a book by Maggie O'Farrell (My Lover's Lover) which I thought was good. Yet nobody in this thread mentioned her. Maybe she doesn't count as chick-lit because it was not humorous?