Janet's Reading Log 2009

Janet

I know how much you like it, Roxi. :lol: I felt almost nervous in fact in case I didn't like it and you were cross! :D

I've just finished Before We Say Goodbye by Louise Candlish. Thoughts to follow.

Usually, if I can't find a thread about a book I start a review one in the relevant (in this case Women's Fiction) forum, but I don't think I should with this one as it's not very complimentary, so I'll do it here instead!

044-2009-Aug-28-BeforeWeSayGoodbye.jpg

The

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde this morning. I tried it once before a few years ago but stopped at about page 50 (from memory, I had to abandon it to finish something for college, and I just didn't get round to picking it up again) so I started from scratch and got back into it really easily.

I know how much you like it, Roxi. :lol: I felt almost nervous in fact in case I didn't like it and you were cross! :lol:

Hahaha ahhh I'm not that scary am I? :irked: Charm didn't like it and she lived to tell the tale ;) It is a very distinct style that Oscar has though, so naturally it's not to everyone's taste.

Glad you enjoyed this - I thought it was teriffic.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. :blush:

Hahaha ahhh I'm not that scary am I? :D

Yes No, of course not! :D

It is a very distinct style that Oscar has though, so naturally it's not to everyone's taste.

He's very witty. I loved reading A Woman of no Importance for A level English recently - what a clever guy!

Aww, I really was kidding. :blush: Although cookies are always a good thing... :P

I finished Family Life by Elisabeth Luard this afternoon. I really enjoyed most of it, although some of her ideas are a bit... archaic to my way of thinking. I shall post about it more later. :motz:

Today I read Danny Wallace and the Centre of the Universe by Danny Wallace.

Another of the ‘Quick Reads’ books released each year for World Book Day (2006, in this case), this would be a good taster for anyone who hasn’t read Danny Wallace yet. I’ve only read one other by him, Friends Like These, which is much funnier than this, but I still enjoyed it.

Danny has an easy writing style which makes reading him like chatting to a mate over a pint and a sandwich in your local!

Edited by Janet

• 2 weeks later...