anisia's Reading List

anisia

I decided to keep track of the books I read :)

(I'll keep editing this post)

Currently reading:

December

1. "Witch" - Glenn Puit, 321 pages

2. "Heavier than Heaven" - Charles R. Cross, 383 pages

3. "Twilight" - Stephenie Meyer, 498 pages

4. "Queen of Babble" - Meg Cabot, 356 pages

January

5. "New Moon" - Stephenie Meyer, 563 pages

6. "The Scarlet Letter" - Nathaniel Hawthorne, 197 pages

7. "Psihologia varstelor adulte si ale senectutii" - Anca Munteanu, 211 pages

February

8. "Luck in the Shadows" - Lynn Flewelling, 479 pages

9. "Oriental Stories as Tools in Psychotherapy" - Nossrat Peseschkian, 206 pages

10. "Agnes Grey" - Anne Bronte, 195 pages

11. "Eclipse" - Stephenie Meyer, 628 pages

March

12. "Other Voices, Other Rooms" - Truman Capote, 172 pages

13. "My Sister's Keeper" - Jodi Picoult, 444 pages

14. "Life of Pi" - Yann Martel, 319 pages

April

15. "The Bell Jar" - Sylvia Plath, 188 pages

May

16. "The Book Thief" - Markus Zusak, 554 pages

June

17. "Siddhartha" - Hermann Hesse, 160 pages

18. "A Man Without a Country" - Kurt Vonnegut, 155 pages

July

19. "The Most Beautiful Woman in Town" - Charles Bukowski, 255 pages

20. "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" - J.K. Rowling, 223 pages

21. "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - J.K. Rowling, 250 pages

22. "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" - J.K. Rowling, 315 pages

23. "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" - J.K. Rowling, 636 pages

24. "Anne of Green Gables" - Lucy Maud Montgomery, 378 pages

25. "Breaking Dawn" - Stephanie Meyer, 754 pages

26. "Lucky Man: A Memoir" - Michael J. Fox, 311 pages

August

27. “In Cold Blood” – Truman Capote, 343 pages

28. “Psihoterapie: metode si tehnici” – Dr. Andre Moreau, 159 pages

29. "Inkheart" - Cornelia Funke, 543 pages

September

30. “Supernatural: Nevermore” – Keith R.A. DeCandido, 312 pages

31. “Brave New World” – Aldous Huxley, 229 pages

October

32. "The Diving Pool" - Yoko Ogawa, 164 pages

33. “The Color of Magic” – Terry Pratchett, 285 pages, Review

November

34. “Eseuri de psihanaliza aplicata” – Sigmund Freud , 312 pages

December

35. "Affinity" - Sarah Waters, 352 pages

36.“Nobody’s Boy” – Hector Malot, 523 pages

Edited by anisia

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
"Still Me" - Christopher Reeve

"Lucky Man: A Memoir" - Michael J. Fox

These are two of the most inspirational autobiographies I've ever read! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished "The Scarlet Letter". I absolutely loved it even though I had a hard time reading it since I'm not used to the style and the language (and English isn't my native language either). But I'm very glad I kept going even though the Introductory chapter nearly made me give up on the book.

I finally finished "The Scarlet Letter". I absolutely loved it even though I had a hard time reading it since I'm not used to the style and the language (and English isn't my native language either). But I'm very glad I kept going even though the Introductory chapter nearly made me give up on the book.

This book was almost forced upon us when I was in high school (senior year if I remember correctly), and I was so reluctant to give it a go at first. And then, about give chapters into it, I realized how much I was enjoying the book. I might re-read it and see if I take part in the Classics Reading Circle in March; it could be fun :readingtwo:. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your read, anisia.

Thanks! We didn't have to read it in school, I honestly don't even know the translated title in Romanian! But I've had it for years, one of my teachers gave it to me as a present when I finished 6th grade. Took a while for me to actually read it :readingtwo:

Well a good thing you finally did! I always found it amusing when a professor would nearly obligate us to read a book, I would try to resist every step of the way, and then enjoy it in the end. I believe this is how I became fond of the classics. Ironic isn't it? :readingtwo:

It is :D We didn't really have many books forced upon us. Some Romanian classics but generally I can't say it was horrible.

Eclipse was my favourite in the series. I hope you like it. :lol:

Same goes for Testimony, you'll have to let me know what you think when you get around to reading it!

I'm borrowing Eclipse from a friend tomorrow so I'll probably read it very soon :( I finish exams in a week, I can't wait to really have time to read!

It is :D We didn't really have many books forced upon us. Some Romanian classics but generally I can't say it was horrible.

I'm borrowing Eclipse from a friend tomorrow so I'll probably read it very soon :lol: I finish exams in a week, I can't wait to really have time to read!

It wasn't so much that books were forced upon me so much as the fact that I battled all the books I had to read for classes 'til I finally realized I enjoyed it immensely (it all happened when I turned 13 :().

I hope you get to read as many books as possible! And good luck :readingtwo:

I know the feeling! I had an exam on Tuesday and now I've got the time to read once more. Good luck with your exams. :D

Thank you! I had 12 exams in total (started January 19th, I finish February 5th) but now I only have 6 left so I'm already making plans of taking a weekend for myself just to read!

It wasn't so much that books were forced upon me so much as the fact that I battled all the books I had to read for classes 'til I finally realized I enjoyed it immensely (it all happened when I turned 13 :lol:).

I hope you get to read as many books as possible! And good luck :readingtwo:

Thank you!

I've decided tonight I'm not going to sleep unless I go through a good part of Luck in the Shadows. I want to know where it's leading and I can't put it off for another day!

^^ Definitely, will probably finish it sometime this weekend finally! Haven't had time at all besides reading for exams :blush:

Last night I finished a Developmental Psychology book that I had to read for the exam today. It was an interesting read though I thought for a textbook it was rather simplistic. Also I really didn't like the fact every 2-3 sentences something was written in bold (either a name or a more important sentence). It somehow felt very distracting. I do have to point out though that it's not written just as a textbook so I shouldn't complain about that. The part I really liked about it was the chapter that gave advice on dealing with dying people and those that have had a close one die. Generally it was a good read, I'm curious how the exam from it will go today.

Edited by anisia

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been able to go far with the book I'm currently reading. Then again, for some reason I'm not up for reading for the past two days. Hopefully that will change *crosses fingers*

And I'm glad you found at least a few points from this psychology book that you found interesting! It's a topic that I always like to delve on, and I hope that your exam goes very well for you. You should be ready for it considering you seem to have done your work :blush:

Luck in the Shadows turned out very good! I liked the fact that it was fast paced, full of action all the time and of course I loved Seregil. I'm just sad I can't afford to order the next three in the series right now so I'm left with a cliffhanger.

I was going to start Eclipse but I need a break from the genre so I'm starting "Oriental Stories as Tools in Psychotherapy" by Nossrat Peseschkian. We did one or two stories during one of the courses at Psychology and it was very interesting.