Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

Kell

I have heard about these books and will have go start reading them. Someone recommended them to me when I finished the Twilight books and needed someone to fill the gap. But instead of buying these I bought the first book in the Morganville Vampire series...Glass House.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My complaint would be the amount of sex in the book. There was a lot. It did seem that when they weren't out investigating, they were having sex. I didn't think the book needed quite that level of intimacy - in a way it did spoil the book for me a little bit.

Apart from all the sex, which I still think is unnecessary, I think this is a good book.

Oh, :lol:. I've just received this as a present from someone who thought I'd love it because I love well-written vampires, but alas I find it extremely difficult to deal with sex in books so this would probably be more of a chore than a pleasure to read... :D.

Edited by BookJumper
didn't realise something was a bad word

I've decided that there is too much sex in these books (and the tv shows) so am not going to read any more. I just think it spoils it. Will be posting off all the books tomorrow I think.

Apparantly they are making a tv series of these books with Anna Paquin as the lead. I need to start to read them before I get a picture of the characters in my head!

The series is in its second season. Its just as amazingly addictive as the books haha I love it :D

• 3 weeks later...

Stephanie, I got about half way through watching the series and had to know who the killer was so looked online to see (that was before I'd read the books) it didn't really ruin it for me because it's still really good to watch how it all plays out on screen.

It's a shame it was Rene though, because he has a might sexy accent, yum!

;) (don't read if you don't know who the killer is!)

I've just bought a copy of Dead Until Dark....it's been tempting me for ages and now I'm watching the TV series I don't think I can wait until the end to find out who the killer is!! ;)

Right, so many of you like these so much I have decided there must be some good in them (not really a logical assumption, given that a sizeable portion of this forum is Twilight-mad and I think it's unreadable, but there you go) disturbing sexy bits or no, so when I get a bit of money I will give them another go.

I technically already own "Dead Until Dark" but I intend to invest on the original cutesy cover - I was given the standard film-tie in which is something I can't stand on principle at the best of times, and in this particular case I can't even bear to leave the house with it, it's horrid!

I hate the cartoon covers, I had a chance to buy these books months ago but refused to do so because only the cartoon covers were available back then. It's probably the one and only time when I've reacted this bad to book covers, I just keep thinking what was the publisher/whoever thinking when they chose these covers for these kinds of books??!

I used to prefer the cartoon covers but I kinda like the new ones better now. I think that probably has a lot to do with the True Blood series, it is rather racy and the new covers just seem more appropriate now, more adult. :D

I've got eight of them now and they're all the new covers. I wanted to buy the series ages ago, but they were never available on Play.com. They were always advertised with the cartoon covers. So, I'm kind of glad I had to wait because I much prefer the new covers! :lol:

Also, is anyone else's copy of Dead To The World smaller than all the rest? :D It's really annoying! :D It's slightly smaller in length! It looks silly on my shelf. Tsch.

Also, is anyone else's copy of Dead To The World smaller than all the rest? :D It's really annoying! :D It's slightly smaller in length! It looks silly on my shelf. Tsch.

I've not noticed BookBee but I'll check :blush:

I've just finished the last book after a crazy 10 days of doing nothing but reading (and driving my boyfriend nuts!! Eeeeek!!) I'm hooked!! I really like Sookie and her many admirers but I think Eric Northman is my favourite character. He makes Edward Cullen look like dry toast!! And Pam is brilliant too :D

With regards to the last book, does anyone have any idea which vampire

Sookie's Fairy Great-grandfather was refering to when he says 'The Vampire is a good man, and he loves you'? I'm hoping it's Eric but I've got a feeling that it might be Bill.

Well that's what I'm hoping and there's a scene in the last book where

he asks her if she loves him and she says that she's not sure due to the bond, but then she says that she doesn't want to know what his answer to the same question would be. I think she assumes that he doesn't love her but I think he really does.

We shall see what Ms Harris comes up with in May eh! :D