Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

Kell

#4 is STILL my favourite. :) Season 4 of True Blood starts soon and I'm desperately hoping they stick at least roughly to book four...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just finished the latest, Dead Reckoning. I liked this one a lot more than the last couple of books, although I'm not happy with some of the suggestions about the way Sookie's romantic life is going, but that's just a personal choice. Still doesn't match up and I agree with what others have said above me ... the fourth book, Dead To The World is the best!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, need some help. I read the first one in this series, and I have all the others on my kindle- the

trouble is I don't know which order they come in, I only have the titles :doh:

Can I ask someone to take the trouble and tell me the titles in order please?

Hehe. No probs. :)

Dead Until Dark

Living Dead in Dallas

Club Dead

Dead to the World

Dead as a Doornail

Definitely Dead

All Together Dead

From Dead to Worse

Dead and Gone

Dead in the Family

Dead Reckoning

Hehe. No probs. :)

Dead Until Dark

Living Dead in Dallas

Club Dead

Dead to the World

Dead as a Doornail

Definitely Dead

All Together Dead

From Dead to Worse

Dead and Gone

Dead in the Family

Dead Reckoning

Thanks Kylie!! That is why the opening paragraphs I have read make no sense! I am missing books 2,3, 7 and 11 :doh:

• 1 month later...

Although I love these books (and yes as a fully paid up member of team eric, no4 is my favorite), I just haven't enjoyed the last ones as much as the earlier ones, I won't go into too much detail because I don't want to spoil them for those who have still to read them. I just feel some of the magic of the earlier stories are missing, the mystery element from them. This may be a touch harsh but its almost as if its gone from the Southern Vampire Mysteries that they first were, to a (and I hate to say this) spin off from the tv series. I just want to shout no the books were around first!!!!. I did enjoy series 1 of TrueBlood, but I didn't like series 2, I find Sookie annoying, I never liked Bill anyway. Jason, I have no words, and Tara, OMG! What were they thinking?? Sorry mini rant over :)

Oh but I have to say, the casting for Eric, spot on *drools*

Although I love these books (and yes as a fully paid up member of team eric, no4 is my favorite), I just haven't enjoyed the last ones as much as the earlier ones, I won't go into too much detail because I don't want to spoil them for those who have still to read them. I just feel some of the magic of the earlier stories are missing, the mystery element from them. This may be a touch harsh but its almost as if its gone from the Southern Vampire Mysteries that they first were, to a (and I hate to say this) spin off from the tv series. I just want to shout no the books were around first!!!!. I did enjoy series 1 of TrueBlood, but I didn't like series 2, I find Sookie annoying, I never liked Bill anyway. Jason, I have no words, and Tara, OMG! What were they thinking?? Sorry mini rant over :)

Oh but I have to say, the casting for Eric, spot on *drools*

Have not seen the series. Have you got a link to an image of Eric, Kirsty? rather curious to see what can cause this alarming drooling of yours :giggle2:

Even though I can fully appreciate Eric in all his loveliness, I'm firmly on Team Alcide. I'll say the same about the later books though - they don't seem to be on the same level of the first ones. I'm only on #9 though, so I may be getting ahead of myself.

I love the TV show, except for the 2nd season, yuck. I love the changes they've made from the books, but my biggest problem with the show is that there are way too many storylines going on at one time! Too much.

VF, this is Eric Northman ~

eric_northman_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

:)

Even though I can fully appreciate Eric in all his loveliness, I'm firmly on Team Alcide. I'll say the same about the later books though - they don't seem to be on the same level of the first ones. I'm only on #9 though, so I may be getting ahead of myself.

I love the TV show, except for the 2nd season, yuck. I love the changes they've made from the books, but my biggest problem with the show is that there are way too many storylines going on at one time! Too much.

I love Alcide, Eric and Sam in the books and series, Bill not so much (in the books and the series), I agree with you peace, there is too many storylines, maybe its just me but I tend to forget things because there is so much going on! :)

Edited by Weave

Although I'm a HUGE Eric fan and also love Alcide, I'm a Sam girl at heart really and STILL secretly hope he and Sookie will end up together. Bill, well, I never trusted Bill - right from the first book I thought he was trouble!

Although I'm a HUGE Eric fan and also love Alcide, I'm a Sam girl at heart really and STILL secretly hope he and Sookie will end up together. Bill, well, I never trusted Bill - right from the first book I thought he was trouble!

Sam is lovely and the best guy for Sookie!, good call Kell :)

• 1 month later...

He is Definitely ALL MAN!! As for Sam and Alcide, I like Sam better, I spent all book one hoping Sookie saw the light, got rid of Bill and got together with Sam.

Me too Kirsty, Sam is so nice :)

• 1 month later...

Ok so I received the boxset for xmas and I've made a start on Dead Until Dark. I heard good things about it but so far it's not living up to the hype. I'm only 2 chapters in though (impatient I know). Please tell me it picks up pace :o:doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes! Book 4 was definitly the best for us Eric Fans. I have to admit though, I don't really like the True Blood series, and I think it is all the little changes made here

and there that have me shouting at the screen. I do feel though that now we are at book 11, they seem to be a bit fomulaic now, I still enjoy them but I find I can almost predict where they are going but I think that is the danger with popular serial books.