Worst ever film from a book?

kateleopald

Twilight wasn't a very good adaptation from the books and also the last couple of Harry Potter's. They missed out so much or changed details. I mean, didn't Voldemort dying and the battle with him and Harry happen differently in the book?

They certainly padded it out a lot more. I don't personally have an objection to that; books and film are two different media and what works in one doesn't necessarily translate.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like HP and the Order of the Phoenix movie that much. The book is my favourite of Harry Potter, and I was a bit disappointed by the film: just a glimpse of the life in the General Quarter of the Order and the thick atmosphere of pressure and anticipation so well described through the pages was lost in the scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two that completely ran away from the books

Blade Runner from Phillip K Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

The Birds despite being an iconic film is not in any degree close to the short story by Daphne Du Maurier on which it is based.

I also hate any adaption of Wuthering Heights, especially when they stop half way through the novel. 

• 1 year later...

The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy movie was HORRID!! I watched it a few years ago and sat there wondering if at any point they were going to put do anything that was going to save the movie but they didn't. I find it hard to even choose a worst moment as the movie seemed to lurch from bad scene to a awful scene to worse. Thankful I can still injoyed the books :) I just won't be watching the movie !