Posie Graeme-Evans

Inanna

So has anbody read any of this authors books?

I stumbled across her on Amazon last night and must say that her books look very appealing, sort of in the same category as Philippa Gregory I think, though obviously not as well known.

Her books are:

The Exiled

The Innocent

Beloved

Here's a synopsis of her book The Exiled

A sexy, historical novel packed with court intrigue and forbidden love from the internationally bestselling author of THE INNOCENT. Anne de Bohun has a dark secret. A secret that threatens her life, and the future of the kingdom of England itself. Raised as a peasant girl, Anne's gift for healing saw her thrust into the dangerous heart of court affairs, and under the spell of the greatest love of her life, King Edward himself. Yet theirs is a forbidden passion, for Anne is the illegitimate daughter of Henry VI, the king usurped by the man she loves. Now exiled in Brugge, Anne struggles to find peace in a dangerous world of treachery and suspicion, where enemies masquerade as allies, and someone very powerful wants her dead.

• 4 months later...

Has anybody else read any of her books??

I'm currently reading The Innocent, the first in a trilogy of hers. I think she's fairly new on the scene as she only has a couple of books around, but if you enjoy Philippa Gregory's historical fiction then you will enjoy these books.

The Innocent

The story begins in 1450, when civil unrest sweeps England and the struggle for the crown is at its peak. Deep in a western forest, a baby is born. Powerful forces plot to kill both mother and child, but somehow the newborn girl survives. Her name is Anne. Fifteen years later, England has a charismatic young king, Edward IV, and the country has begun to wake from the nightmare of the War of the Roses. When Anne is brought to London to be a servant in the household of a wealthy merchant, her unusual beauty soon provokes jealousy, lust and intrigue. But Anne has one special quality that saves her: her knowledge of herbs and healing. News of her remarkable gift spreads and she is brought to save the life of Edward

I wouldn't have looked twice at historical fiction of it hadn't been for the lovely people here telling me how great Philippa Gregory was. I had to give it a go then and I loved all her books that I picked up. Posie Graeme-Evans was just an extension of my search for more books of the same ilk and I'm happy to say they really are.

As for the author, I think she's better known in Australia but not necessarily for books, she is a TV Producer and a Lyricist too as far as I have read :)

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are interested...

The Exiled

Anne De Bohun has a dark secret. A secret that threatens her life, and the future of the kingdom of England itself.

Raised as a peasant girl, Anne has a gift for healing that saw her thrust into the dangerous heart of court affairs, and under the spell of the greatest love of her life, King edward himself.

Yet theirs os a forbidden passion, for Anne is the illegitimate daughter of Henry VI, the king usurped by the man she loves. Now exiled in Brugge, Anne struggles to find peace in a dangerous world of treachery and suspicion, where enemies masquerade as allies, and someone very powerful wants her dead.

The Beloved

The thrilling climax to the trilogy that began with The Innocent and The Exiled brings Posie Graeme-Evans's bittersweet story of two lovers divided by the throne of England to its dramatic conclusion.

As England tears itself apart in the War of the Roses, Anne de Bohun lives far from the intrigues of cities and courts. Once King Edward IV's mistress, Anne has found safety with their son in Brugge. But now Edward himself is a hunted fugitive, and Anne's real father, King Henry VI, rules again from Westminster. Summoned by an enigmatic message from her lover, Anne is drawn once more to the passion, the excitement, and the deadly danger that Edward brings into her life. But now, the girl who was once a penniless servant has a child to protect and an inheritance to defend. Can she let her love for Edward threaten everything she has? Or will she need his help to protect her from the powerful enemy who means to destroy her?

• 2 weeks later...