Karin Slaughter - Blindsighted

I wasn't disappointed, as such, just a little miffed that I worked out a lot of it early on (which was my own silly fault - LOL!). I enjoyed the book - it was an easy read, so I might come back to some others by her later on, but it won't be at the top of my listo f priorities is all.

I like both Sarah and Jeff :)

Same for me - I loved the very end. I don't want to say too much as I'm not sure how much is normally given away about plot endings etc in reading circle discussions?:?

I had guessed who it was although I'm not sure I picked this up as early on in the book as some of you. This didn't put me off the book though - I thought it was a really good read.

I think my favourite character was actually Sybil, although we didn't get to see much of her, hearing about her through the eyes of her sister, lover & uncle made her sound like such an interesting & independent person.

Lena was also an interesting character - again, I think it would have been interesting if we'd been able to see some interaction between her & Sybil before... well, you know what...

Strangely, I wasn't particularly attached to either Sara or Jeff.

I agree with you that Lena was an interesting character but I didn't like her at all. I came close to liking her when she started interviewing Julia in the hospital as she came across as quite compassionate at first.

I also felt a great deal of pity for her towards the end, but generally I found her to be such an angry and selfish person that I didn't like her.

Mind you, she was in an awful situation and it also seemed like she'd had a tragic upbringing so is it any wonder?!

I also felt a great deal of pity for her towards the end, but generally I found her to be such an angry and selfish person that I didn't like her.

Same here, she got right on my nerves I just wanted to thump her :wink:

Ditto Inanna! And as the books have gone on I've wanted to thump her even more :)

• 2 weeks later...

:D I guessed who did it too.

I read the book in a day (since I am currently lying on the sofa having taken time of work with the flu) and I was dissappointed with it it. I like to read the odd crime novel occasionally - Ian Rankin is a favourite - but I found it quite predictable and guessed who did it quite early on. I think the author dropped far too many clues.

P

• 4 weeks later...

I read this book a good long while ago, but I enjoyed it so much I carried on to read another couple of books in the series.

So far I've enjoyed them all, though I can see everyone's point about Lena. She doesn't get any less irritating as the series progresses...

I normally do try to guess whodunnit, but I never really thought that far ahead as I was reading this one, so although it didn't take me by surprise it didn't feel like a let-down.

I loved the fact that each character was so richly drawn. Nobody in this book is perfect, everyone has their issues. I did find some of the minor characters were almost too detailed - I kept expecting them to play a much bigger part in the story than they did.

• 2 weeks later...