Karin Slaughter - Blindsighted

The sleepy town of Heartsdale, Georgia, is jolted into panic when Sara Linton, paediatrician and medical examiner, finds Sibyl Adams dead in the local diner. As well as being viciously raped, Sibyl has been cut: two deep knife wounds form a lethal cross over her stomach. But it's only once Sara starts to perform the post-mortem that the full extent of the killer's brutality becomes clear. Police chief Jeffrey Tolliver - Sara's ex-husband - is in charge of the investigation, and when a second victim is found, crucified, only a few days later, both Jeffrey and Sara have to face the fact that Sibyl's murder wasn't a one-off attack.

What they're dealing with is a seasoned sexual predator. A violent serial killer

I'm on page 89 & I think I know whodunnit. I don't know why yet, I just have a really strong feeling that this particular person is the one. I'm going to be both miffed & smug if I'm right. I love being able to fathom out a plot, but I like a few surprises here & there. So far I'm enjoying it, but I don't want to have guessed so early on - aaarrrghhh! Im' now wondering if I'll be able to figure out the "why" soon too - I hope it's a hum-dinger!

I have my suspicians too, though whether I'll be right or not, only time will tell.

Psssst Kell who do you think did it?

I'll PM you with my suspisions if you'll PM with yours... LOL!

I PM'd my answer to Mau & she hasn't yet told m,e if Im' right. I still have to work out WHY he's doing it though, Whether I'm right or wrong, it won't spoil it for me - I'll just be smug if Im' right is all. And if Im' wrong, well then, Ms Slaughter's doing her job very well indeed - LOL!

I'm about 3/4's of the way through now & I've had several of my theories proven to be correct. I'm just waiting to see if the person I think dunit, actually dunit, & see if it's anything to do with why I think they dunit too...

I'm a little miffed that everything panned out as I expected here. I was hoping for a few red herrings or something to throw me off the scent, but I'd even managed to work out some of the why behind the who. It's an excellent story & well writeen, but I wanted a few more surprises.