Dia Dhuit ^_^

Nollaig

Hiya =]

I went about this in the wrong order, I chattered about books all over the place and then came here to say hello. :)

Edited version:

I'm Nollaig. (Thats Irish for Christmas. You can see why I choose a more normal name as my internet alias.)

I'm just turned 21, and studying English and Philosophy in college.

While Philosophy is my passion and what I want to study after college, my ambition from the age of 3 was to be a writer hehe.

However, since my laptop died a randomly epic death about two years ago and I lost all I had written on the concept that was my pride and joy, I took it as a sign from the Gods of Books that they would smite me should I attempt to follow that aspiration any further.

But I love books.

In college I tend to focus on classics from the 18th century, Shakespeare and romance/realist texts. So I suppose they're my favourites in a way... it was in college I discovered Caleb Williams, The Moonstone, She, Frankenstein, The Picture of Dorian Gray and the immensley fun: The Female Quixote.

I love all books though, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, mysteries, childrens books, romances, biographies.

I decided to come look for a book forum as I don't really know many avid readers - or any at all. And I'm the kind of person who reads a book and wants to go explore it with someone else.

Edited by Nollaig

I'm Nollaig. (Thats Irish for Christmas. You can see why I choose a more normal name as my internet alias.)

This looks like a perfectly fine name to me. No, more than fine, absolutely great. The coolest I've ever heard in a while. Really.

(can you tell that I've always had a soft spot for Irish names + unusual ones that actually mean something? :D )

Well its an okay name outside Ireland, coz no one knows what it means.

In Ireland however where 99% of the population don't have more than a few sentences of Irish, they're ALL smartasses when it comes to my name! :D

'Nollaig eh... your parents callled you Christmas did they? eh yeah, born at Christmas were ye?'

:)

Yeah a lot of people love my name, or at the very least, how unique it is. (Which is funny since I have 4 middle names and they're all very ordinary :D)

Its also hilarious hearing foreigners (even english people) trying to pronounce it correctly with their accents.

Yeah a lot of people love my name, or at the very least, how unique it is. (Which is funny since I have 4 middle names and they're all very ordinary :))

Its also hilarious hearing foreigners (even english people) trying to pronounce it correctly with their accents.

4 middle names? My friend has 3 and I thought that was a mouthful. Glad I only have the one.

Oh and Hi and Welcome by the way :D.

Yups. I has Nollaig, a grandmother and 2 aunties and my confirmation name in the middle, and my surname. I'm not religious but I keep the confirmation name because it makes my name longer and more fun =P

And thanks for the welcome!

I love this place. Its so friendly and troll-free ^____^

• 2 weeks later...