Could You Pass the 11-plus?

Well done!

I think I spent far too long on the question I screwed up on. I got one sum wrong, was convinced it was right, and then spent the next fifteen minutes not being able to see any link between the two examples to work out the third correctly . . .

Oh wow! I'm feeling super-smart now. *cracks up* Well, I have to say that with my educational history, anything but 15/15 would have been a failure... Story of my life, really, but that's another tale for another time...

• 9 months later...

Well, we've just been through the 11+, and it is pretty difficult. They've changed the scedule, so it's taken earlier in the year, so many are only 10. Add to that the fact that there are some questions within the maths paper that the schools don't cover until after the exam is taken, and you can see what a struggle it can be!

In fact, my friend's husband was looking at Beth's practice papers, and he found them quite tough.. and he has a Masters in Maths from Oxford!

In fact, my friend's husband was looking at Beth's practice papers, and he found them quite tough.. and he has a Masters in Maths from Oxford!
I remember helping my cousin revise for her 11+ a few years ago and I too found some of the questions (not to mention the time one was meant to answer them in) tough. Tried this now and got 7/15, unsurprising really, must have got all the language ones right and all the maths ones wrong :eek2:!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

14/15 in 7,5 minutes.. got a little distracted on language, since English isn't my native language. The one mistake I made was just plain stupid, I didn't quite look right at the words hee hee. Sloppy. :smile2:

And I just looked up what grammar school was since I had no clue. Sorta like secondary school with latin, ancient greek and lots of science? I've done that, had one year of ancient greek before I dropped it, not very interesting, and I have had a few years of lessons in latin.

Edited by Univerze