James Clavell. Read in order?

Wonders disciple

I have read all of Clavell's Asian series books and enjoyed them all except Whirlwind. It is always best to read a series in order but in this case it may be ok to read Noble House first. Clavell was a great writer and one of my favorites. His movies were also great. btw, his daughter once appeared in a movie that is one of the all time running series, 007.

I rented the movie The Great Escape when my GD was visiting and she went crazy over Steve McQueen and asked me to get her other Steve McQueen movies for her birthday. It was a great movie, btw.

The Asian Saga consisting of six novels:

King Rat (1962): Set in a Japanese POW camp, 1945

Tai-Pan (1966): Set in Hong Kong, 1841

Shogun (1975): Set in feudal Japan, 1600

Noble House (1981): Set in Hong Kong, 1963

Whirlwind (1986): Set in Iran, 1979

Gai-Jin (1993): Set in Japan, 1862

Edited by muggle not

I am also a fan of James Clavell, and I would definitely recommend that you read them in their timeline order, you'll get more from them that way! Two further books I'd go for are Escape, a 'tangent' novel from Whirlwind, and The Children's Story - this last one not from his Asia Series, but still worth reading!

Tai Pan was made into a film with Bryan Brown, Shogun was beautifully made with Richard Chamberlain, and I recently discovered Noble House with Pierce Brosnan.

I hope you enjoy them all!