What music are you all into?

Tbird

and RHCP, if they put out a new album i'm definitely goin. my boyfriend saw them in canada and said they were amazing! best show he's ever been too. must mean something if you and him both say the same thing!!

Oooooh just the thought of a new CD and another concert gets me jumping up and down, lovelygirl!!! LOL They are seriously due for one since SA came out almost 3 yrs ago now. Anthony Kiedis is a new dad though, and Chad Smith is now contributing to this 'supergroup' Chicken something-or-other, and John Frusciante, well, who knows where his head is these days, lol.

Wait... who's the guy in that picture??!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! Something Corporate, right? Okay, I'm going to the coffee shop tomorrow night to get online and will definitely check them out on iTunes since I have to download some other stuff anyway.

Oh, and I heard a song of STPs last night that I hadn't heard in SOOO long and forgot I loved - Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart (I hope that's the title). Hence, the need for download :blush:.

Andrew McMahon was the frontman for Something Corporate, but no longer works with that group and has established a project which is entirely his, but has a backing band (as opposed to it being a full band) called Jack's Mannequin, which has become his permenant focus for the foreseeable future.

haha, you girls are great :friends0: yes that picture of andrew is amazing. i'm thinking of making it my background on my computer lol

as for RHCP, yes they are due for a new cd! desperately.

and as for STP- Trippin' on a hole in a paper heart is the song title which is pretty funny cause i heard that song on the radio yesterday! :hug:

I loooooooooove music!! My iPod never leaves my side!

Foo Fighters are my all time favourite band. I try to see them everytime they are touring. Dave Grohl - what a legend.

I used to like RHCP until I saw them live and they totally changed my opinion about them. It looked like they didn't want to be there at all which isn't good when you have just spent your hard earned cash to go and see them. :D Maybe they were just having an 'off' day though, as a lot of you think that they are ace live.

Stereophonics are really REALLY good live. I was never really in to them until I saw them perform and now I am at every gig I can get to. Plus, Kelly isn't too bad to look at either :eek2:

no music?! ever? oh wow i couldn't imagine living without it!

Well, not no music, but yes, I pretty much prefer silence.

When I do listen to something, it's most likely Josh Groban. Or Chris de Burgh. :D

A few of the singers that I have enjoyed over the years. Not for you young'uns. :smile2:

Louis Armstrong

George Jones

Marty Robbins

The Everly Brothers

Rpy Orbison

Don McClean

Judy Garland

Willie Nelson

Ray Charles

Patsy Cline

Frank Sinatra

Buddy Holly

I heard this song the other day online called 'That's Not My Name' by the Ting Ting's and I'm totally hooked! I bought it from iTunes but I need to find more stuff from them and see if I like. It's been in my head constantly though, lol.

I don't think it matters on age :motz:, some of us young'uns know whats good music and are open-minded on genres and music that is old and new :irked:

:):smile2:

I don't think it matters on age :), some of us young'uns know whats good music and are open-minded on genres and music that is old and new :smile2:

It isn't always a matter of "knowing" what is good and bad (opinionated) but mostly a matter of growing up with and being exposed to certain music. :irked:

It isn't always a matter of "knowing" what is good and bad (opinionated) but mostly a matter of growing up with and being exposed to certain music. :irked:

Yes I agree your tastes and opinions can be influenced by what you are exposed to. :smile2: But are you saying you don't especially think the artists you listed are good just you were exposed to them and grew with them and like them because of it?

I heard this song the other day online called 'That's Not My Name' by the Ting Ting's and I'm totally hooked! I bought it from iTunes but I need to find more stuff from them and see if I like. It's been in my head constantly though, lol.

If your starting to get into the pop kind of music; listen to http://www.galaxyfm.co.uk - It's perfect for new songs.

Yes I agree your tastes and opinions can be influenced by what you are exposed to. :smile2: But are you saying you don't especially think the artists you listed are good just you were exposed to them and grew with them and like them because of it?

No, what I said was that good and bad music is somewhat opinionated.

Music that I "enjoy" or you "enjoy" is another matter. I don't enjoy Rap music in the slightest but I am not saying it is bad music, just that it is not for me.

I think that the artists I listed are great. However, they may not be liked by all and it doesn't mean they are good or bad, necessarily.

No, what I said was that good and bad music is somewhat opinionated.

Music that I "enjoy" or you "enjoy" is another matter. I don't enjoy Rap music in the slightest but I am not saying it is bad music, just that it is not for me.

I think that the artists I listed are great. However, they may not be liked by all and it doesn't mean they are good or bad, necessarily.

Oh right, sorry, I agree with you there, nothing is good or bad really just different.

I was just making the point that by saying something may not be for young'uns was to me saying you thought young'uns may not like the same music as you because of their age and so thought you possibly thought we didn't like what you think is good music.

mountain out of a mole hill....im bored lol

It's the same radio station I think, it's just you choose the one that's in your location.. or nearest to. :smile2:

Hmmm... I wonder if I can still listen being that I'm in the U.S.? I'll have to look at it more closely :irked: