What music are you all into?

Tbird

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ella is the queen of all, Ophelia, glad you like her!! :friends0:

I heard a little bit of this band called Bishop Allen last night and LOVED them! Does anyone know anything about them and can share??

My favorites:

R.E.M.

Pearl Jam

The Who

The Cure

Fiona Apple

The Verve

Screeming Trees

Mother Love Bone

Rufus Wainwright

Metallica

Alice in Chains

Nirvana

Keane

Good god, I can't believe another MLB fan actually exists. Did you get into them through Pearl Jam?

My musical taste/knowledge largely begins in the rockin' fifties and ends in the hair metal mid-eighties.

This tends to show in the live concerts I've chosen to attend in my rather short life (23), for they have included: Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits, The Shadows, Bruce Springsteen, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan (thrice) and so on. I was heartbroken when I couldn't afford to go to the Eagles reunion; on the plus side me and my dad already have tickets for the Cliff Richard & The Shadows reunion in October.

My other classic loves include Meatloaf, Elvis, early Bon Jovi (before Jon cut his hair; the "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "This ain't a Love Song" good old days), Queen, and that's just the obvious ones.

My favourite song, even though I completely failed to get into the rest of their discography, is "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure.

The few female singers I really like are Barbra Straisand ("Where is it Written" is one of the most empowering tunes ever), Bonnie Tyler (IMHO, the female equivalent of Meatloaf, which is saying something), and the astoundingly good vocalists Meatloaf himself employs on his records (the woman who sings "Paradise on the Dashboard Light" with him so very nearly steals his thunder, methinks).

Among the few modern bands I enjoy and endorse are the swedish glam rock band The Ark and The Divine Comedy, but then neither sound like this decade so I don't think they really count as modern after all.

I generally like most music except for R&B and rap music but my favourite band of all time has been for quite some time now The Mars Volta. They're hard to put into just one genre but the best I could describe it would be progressive rock with a bit of psychedelic salsa and latin thrown in.

Not to mention I may have a huge crush on the lead singer :D:haha:

I generally like most music except for R&B and rap music but my favourite band of all time has been for quite some time now The Mars Volta. They're hard to put into just one genre but the best I could describe it would be progressive rock with a bit of psychedelic salsa and latin thrown in.

Not to mention I may have a huge crush on the lead singer :D:haha:

I have seen the Mars Volta - they are very very good live.

I like most music, but my fav genre is probably indie or rock

I love music like none other. I'm actually upset because my ipod is broken :17: so my music cannot go everywhere with me! But I love all kinds of music. My dad was a country guitar player in a local band. He has a 67' Strat and I got my musical taste and love from him :blush:

The list goes ON and ON but here are a few:

Snow Patrol

Matthew Good

Damien Rice

Dave Matthews

Elliot Smith

Kings of Leon

Incubus

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Coldplay

Tragically Hip

U2

Goo Goo Dolls

Alicia Keys

Alanis Morissette

The Police

Smashing Pumpkins

Foo Fighters

Radiohead

David Gray

Pearl Jam

Citizen Cope

Stone Temple Pilots

Missy Higgins

Frou Frou

Collective Soul

Something Corporate

Jack's Mannequin

City and Colour

Rihanna

Breaking Benjamin

Chris Garneau

Journey

Def Leppard

Mika

Neverending White Lights

I could go ON and ON like I said before. OH and I LOVEEEE 80's music :D kk that's enough for now

What did you make of Velvet Revolver then? :blush:

One of my best mates from school who was a STP nut, he loved them. He saw them live when they came here. I didn't love or hate them. I listened to them, but they were absolutely nothing on STP for mine.

Ah. I came at them (?) from another angle - Slash is my favourite guitarist ever. I didn't even really know who Scott Weiland was before VR! :blush: I loved his voice though. I must give STP a proper go at some point. I loved VR, naturally. Nothing spectacular, but it was good to hear some new stuff from Slash, and when they came to Ireland about 4 years ago, I got to go and see them. Seeing Slash play live was one thing I never dreamed would actually happen when I was younger, for obvious reasons. So if nothing else, I'm glad VR gave me that opportunity.

Seeing Slash play live was one thing I never dreamed would actually happen when I was younger, for obvious reasons. So if nothing else, I'm glad VR gave me that opportunity.

Lucky... a fair few years back Guns and Roses were scheduled to play a reunion concert at the Heineken Jammin Festival in Imola, Italy... then Axl came down with some serious throat problems that prevented him from singing and the whole thing was called off. I was gutted.

Seeing Guns would have been amazing. I mean, much as I love Slash and can't stand Axl, as a unit in Guns they were amazing. But sure, twasn't meant to be. If I had to choose half, Slash was always the important half to me coz I love guitars, seeing Axl with a new line-up wouldn't have done anything for me, so I'm happy enough.

VR played here in a venue called the Point Depot, where theres no smoking allowed. The band ended up getting fined for smoking on stage :blush:

I wouldn't mind seeing just Slash jamming up on stage, Roxi, without all the Axl drama, lol. I think that's my fave part of any live or concert dvd, seeing the band members getting into a groove and just jamming for what seems like hours on end, even without any singing.

I saw the Mars Volta open up for Red Hot Chili Peppers on their latest tour. They were... interesting. Seeing John Frusciante and Flea play music together though was heavenly.

I saw the Mars Volta open up for Red Hot Chili Peppers on their latest tour. They were... interesting. Seeing John Frusciante and Flea play music together though was heavenly.

you saw both of them at once?! oh wow, so lucky! i wanna see RHCP so badd! mars volta would have just been an added bonus lol

as for velvet revolver, i have their cds and they are good but in my opinion they don't compare to STP, being as im a big fan, definitely check them out RoxiS.C.!

you saw both of them at once?! oh wow, so lucky! i wanna see RHCP so badd! mars volta would have just been an added bonus lol

Yeah I saw them way back in late 2006 (man it doesn't seem like it was that long ago) and it was one of the best shows I'd been to in a long time. The following March I had tickets to see them again in Iowa but there was a freak blizzard that closed the highways so I had to sell my tickets :blush:. I was crushed! The Mars Volta's lead singer though is pretty funny. He acted a lot like Mick Jagger, doing really funky dance moves all over the stage the whole time. I remember him running on the floor too down the aisle and all we could see were people's beer cups getting tossed into the air - which the concert goers probably didn't appreciate, lol. RHCP puts on an amazing show. Hopefully they will come out with another CD one of these days so I can see them again!

He loves himself :? :D

I had a r.e teacher called Mr McMahon - can't help but picture him, everyone fancied him...:blush: I didn't though!

No, that was just me being a fangirl *swoon*

He was gorgeous with his mop of strawberry emo hair back in the days of corporate. Still looks good now though.

No, that was just me being a fangirl *swoon*

He was gorgeous with his mop of strawberry emo hair back in the days of corporate. Still looks good now though.

http://www4.cord.edu/student/CEC/images/anfrewpromo13flattwewew.jpg

he's gorgeous :blush:

and RHCP, if they put out a new album i'm definitely goin. my boyfriend saw them in canada and said they were amazing! best show he's ever been too. must mean something if you and him both say the same thing!!