What music are you all into?

Tbird

For some rEason I seem to prefer Canadian groups & that's definately not a deliberate choice...

Do you like Dream Theater? Their lead singer, James Labrie, is Canadian. They're Dale and my favourite band. :lol:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way you're old enough to remember that! He used to wear a helmet which was supposed to shoot out flames. On one occasion, he filled it with petrol and then set light to it - with predictable results! Those were the good old days, before health and safety :D

haha no i dont remember it first hand seeing im only 22 but i like it just the same :lol:, i bet they were good, people also try to be politically correct with everything these days, not fun!

• 4 weeks later...

I like a lot of mainstream stuff. I usually stay away from anything rock or rock influenced except for Tokio Hotel. My favorite music artists/groups at them moment are RBD, Girls Aloud, JoJo, Joss Stone, Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, The Saturdays, Monrose, Norah Jones, Enya, and Lady Gaga.

Most of my music is punk/ska/rock but I am also a quite partial to a bit of Johnny Cash or some Flogging Molly, I will give almost anything a listen as long as it's done well. I even semi-enjoy the techno version of Less Than Jake techno remix of B is for B-side.

I'm not picky about the what kind of music genre I prefer. I tend to concentrate more on the particular song rather than the genre. If I like the song, then I just happen to like a song from whatever genre it belongs to. I'm pretty eclectic. I go from classical, to opera, to metal.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm mostly into rock, but I also like some electronic music. I also love to listen to instrumental music (f.e. from films).Mostly:

Green Day

The Killers

Muse

Arctic Monkeys

Depeche Mode

Placebo

Sex Pistols

Clash

The Smiths

Joy Division

Franz Ferdinand

Coldplay

Jesus and Mary Chain

Michael Nyman

Dario Marianelli

Philip Glass

Zbegniew Preisner

When I was younger I was probably more into music. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Oasis, Audioslave, Soundgarden, RHCP were probably some of my favourites.

The last couple of years I have gotten into lighter stuff - the Killers, Supergrass and the like as well as some older stuff like the Rolling Stones. I also listen to soundtracks of a few musical shows now - Wicked, Spring Awakening, Rent and Spamalot.

When I was younger I was probably more into music. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Oasis, Audioslave, Soundgarden, RHCP were probably some of my favourites.

The last couple of years I have gotten into lighter stuff - the Killers, Supergrass and the like as well as some older stuff like the Rolling Stones. I also listen to soundtracks of a few musical shows now - Wicked, Spring Awakening, Rent and Spamalot.

Ditto to all of the above, Dan! Although I still listen to Soundgarden and RHCP almost daily :friends0:

Rent is a great show. I also can never get enough of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Into the Woods.

the music i like is ok at the minute i like the script

My eldest saw them at T in the Park last year and said they were ace and definitely a band to watch :friends0:

Ditto to all of the above, Dan! Although I still listen to Soundgarden and RHCP almost daily :friends0:

Rent is a great show. I also can never get enough of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Into the Woods.

Yeah, I used to love those bands. I still enjoy them and they feature on my IPOD rotation fairly regularly, but my music tastes have diversified a little over the last few years.

RENT is awesome. I have a bit of an unnatural obsession with Idina Menzel.

I saw these at MK Bowl a few years ago. Thought they were amazing. :friends0:

I miss the old Green Day badly. When I was an angry young teenager I loved that music. They are a little too political for my tastes nowadays.

I like all kinds of music ~

Arctic Monkeys

Erasure

Johnny Cash

Kings of Leon

Led Zeppelin

Metallica

Pink Floyd

Supergrass

The Beatles

The Black Keys

The Doors