What music are you all into?

Tbird

some good bands there i like most of them too :) How do you feel about the new GnR album, i havnt listened yet, is it as good as it was built up to be?

It's OK, but it's just not the same with the new line-up. Some of the tracks are fine, but I've listened to it once and do not feel a need for a repeat hearing. Not a patch on Appetite for Destruction or Use Your Illusion I and II!

Have realised I made a MAJOR omisson and forgot to add Queen to my original list!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for double posting, i dont know how to edit a post, maybe someone could tell me how? :)

I would imagine that when you posted this, you still had under 10 posts? If you take a look in both the FAQ, and the Using The Board section, it does explain that you are rather limited until this point.

You have more than 10 posts now, so you should be able to edit.. please let me know if you can't. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like everything.

Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, Goo Goo Dolls, My Chemical Romance, Andrew McMahon/Jack's Mannequin, The Used, Smashing Pumpkins, Elton John, McFly, Marylin Manson does the best covers EVER, Evanescence, The Verve, Rihanna, The Darkness, Rod Stewart, Meat Loaf..... the list goes on.

I love all heavy/alternative rock music (and adore stadium rock, Van Halen, Whitesnake etc)

Most indie, some pop, some metal, most alternative, some emo, some classical etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a lot of 'popular' music but my favourite band is Paramore. Pretty much the only thing I listen to on my laptop is the playlist I made up and that has:

Feeder

Yellowcard

A change of pace

Goo goo dolls

Jimmy eat world

Taking back sunday

Papa roach

Avril Lavigne

Meg & Dia

30 seconds to mars

Saliva

Skillet

The last goodnight

Stone sour

Lifehouse

Busted

Linkin Park

Avenged Sevenfold

Robert Pattinson :lol:

Michelle Branch

Death cab for cutie

Simple plan

Go audio

The all american rejects

Katy Perry

Gaving Degraw

Pink

Youmeatsix

Ok..I didn't know there was that many on there :17:. Does anyone else listen to music whilst writing? Or reading?

:D

I don't think it's possible for me to name my top 10 songs or singers/bands to be honest. I have so many singers I love from Elvis and Nina Simone to Kings of Leon, The Script, Scissor Sisters, Sam Sparro, Seal, Elton John, George Michael, Nickleback - in all honesty, the only thing I don't really listen to is folk music and classical. Or country.

i really want to post a reply to this post but if i started listing music/bands/singers/genres etc i like i would be here forever constantly thinking ive left someone out, i pretty much like everything, there is always a time, place and mood for all types of music.

Having said that i love 'tarja' nightwish, tuomas is a genius, each song tells a story so they have a similar feeling to books i guess. Also addicted to eluveitie at the moment which is a mix between folk metal and melodic death metal, they have a girl who plays the hurdy gurdy its great! Generally i relax to eva cassidy, or terry reid. Not a fan of pop too much, although songs are played over and over without your consent in shops and bars its bound to get in your head and when you have had a little to drink and you sing along and friends look at you surprised you know the words..... its not my fault! :lol:

Any one remember Arthur brown - fire - such a funny song!:D

Any one remember Arthur brown - fire - such a funny song!:lol:

There is no way you're old enough to remember that! He used to wear a helmet which was supposed to shoot out flames. On one occasion, he filled it with petrol and then set light to it - with predictable results! Those were the good old days, before health and safety :D

For some reason I seem to prefer Canadian groups & that's definately not a deliberate choice. There are occasional songs I hear that I like by non-Canadian artists, but mostly it's the Canucks I prefer. Groups like: I mother earth, Our lady peace, Corey Hart, Great Big Sea, Blue Rodeo, Terri Clark, The Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane, Bare Naked Ladies, Laymen Twaist, Moxy Fruvous, Amanda Marshall, Roch Voisine, Jann Arden, Michael Buble, Bruce Cockburn, Glass Tiger, Nelly Furtado, Colin James, Chantall Kreviazuk, Sarah Mclaughlan, Holly McNarland, The Rankins - I'm sure there's lots more, That was just a quick flick through my cd collection.

Bet most of them are unheard of by the vast majority on here!

Edited by Ceinwenn
to correct a typo