What music are you all into?

Tbird

Mcfly fan here too (yes I know Im almost 46:tong:)

Kylie

anything by Boyzone/Westlife

partial to a bit of Abba......70s/80s music

I adore the soundtrack to The War of the Worlds :D

I listen to Capital Radio London all day so I guess I listen to anything really :friends0:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore the soundtrack to The War of the Worlds :D

Me too. I've considered seeing the stage show (I have it on DVD already) cos I reckon that would be fantastic and probably would have done by now if the cast had been original (bit difficult I know as some of them are dead) ... but the music is still awesome.

I may have mentioned already that I love Muse :friends0: .. also Kate Bush, Radiohead, Nelly Furtado, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bloc Party, Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Paolo Nutini, Stevie Wonder, The Specials, Seasick Steve, Fleet Foxes, Blur, Beatles, Kinks and Jeff Buckley.

Me too. I've considered seeing the stage show (I have it on DVD already) cos I reckon that would be fantastic and probably would have done by now if the cast had been original (bit difficult I know as some of them are dead) ... but the music is still awesome.

I may have mentioned already that I love Muse :friends0: .. also Kate Bush, Radiohead, Nelly Furtado, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Bloc Party, Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Paolo Nutini, Stevie Wonder, The Specials, Seasick Steve, Fleet Foxes, Blur, Beatles, Kinks and Jeff Buckley.

I took my son to the 25th Anniversary stage show at the 02 Arena Greenwich back in June......

I enjoy listening to a wide variety of music. My favourites are;

The Killers (I'm a massive fan), The Script, Kings of Leon, Elbow, James Morrison, Deacon Blue, Coldplay, Muse, Calvin Harris, Artic Monkeys, Kelly Clarkson, The Carpenters, Beyonce, :friends0:

I used to be a mega fan of Westlife but I have grown out of that phase. :D

Some of my favourites at the moment (meaning they're on my I-pod many times) include The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Kelly Clarkson, Girls Aloud, Rihanna, Beyonce, Muse, Kings of Leon, Scouting for Girls, Noisettes, Katy Perry, Elbow, Mika, The Saturdays. To name a few :friends0:

Some of my favourites at the moment (meaning they're on my I-pod many times) include The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Kelly Clarkson, Girls Aloud, Rihanna, Beyonce, Muse, Kings of Leon, Scouting for Girls, Noisettes, Katy Perry, Elbow, Mika, The Saturdays. To name a few :D

Yep got lots of them on my shuffle too!!

Im a Westlife fan too Sweetiipie......Ive never grown out of it though :friends0::motz:

Stephanie, someone said to me yesterday that they thought Mika had a new CD coming out today. Have you heard anything about this?

I know I've already posted earlier in this thread, but I'll mention what's taken over my iPod recently, since it changes so often- Muse, The Killers, Soundgarden, RCHP, Owl City, Vampire Weekend, Iron & Wine, Dave Brubeck, Mika, Bon Iver and one Ted Nugent track, Stranglehold :friends0:. I like this song for when I'm a mood.

Stephanie, someone said to me yesterday that they thought Mika had a new CD coming out today. Have you heard anything about this?

No, I didn't realise that. I just investigated (thanks Wikipedia :friends0:) and his album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, was out here yesterday. This is another album I have to buy now :D I love his new single!

Loads of different stuff ~

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Stone Roses, Kings of Leon, Turin Brakes, Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, The Rolling Stones, Muse, Daft Punk, Erasure, Talk Talk, Marc Bolan and T-Rex, The Beatles, David Bowie, The Black Keys, Metallica and the list goes on...

:friends0:

No, I didn't realise that. I just investigated (thanks Wikipedia :D) and his album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, was out here yesterday. This is another album I have to buy now :motz: I love his new single!

I haven't heard the new single yet, Stephanie! I must admit I just became a fan of his like a month ago :friends0:. I am so out of the loop. I'm definitely going to check out the new album tonight though when I get home!

Gyre, I love the Black Keys! I could listen to them over and over. I really like their sound, and love that they can do it all with just 2 guys! :motz:

• 2 weeks later...

I love music as much as I love books and I listen to all types...but especially love jazz, rock and classical.

My favorites jazz artists are Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grappelli, Oscar Peterson, Miles Davis, Bireli Lagrene, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane and Angelo Debarre & Ludovic Beier.

I love the works of classical composers Bach, Beethoven, Paganini and Sarasate. I also listen to rock - faves include Boston, Queen, Tragically Hip, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and tons more....:blush:

Edited by blithe

I haven't heard the new single yet, Stephanie! I must admit I just became a fan of his like a month ago :blush:. I am so out of the loop. I'm definitely going to check out the new album tonight though when I get home!

Did you ever tell me what you thought of his new album? I love it. The music video for Blame It On The Girls is coming out in a few days I think, can't wait to see it.

:D

Just looking down the list on my MP3 player - Ian Brown, Stone Roses, Magazine, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Nirvana, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, The Smiths, Morrissey, Enemy, Air . . . and so on

• 4 weeks later...

I like almost any type of music. Even one or two rap and country songs.

But my two favorite bands are:

Porcupine Tree and Rush

I also love Tori Amos, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Dishwalla, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, Duran Duran, Flaming Lips, Peter Gabriel, Dave Matthews Band, Modest Mouse, Mozart, No Man, The Pixies, Radiohead, The Shins, Tool, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Wilco, XTC, and Frank Zappa.

Mine's a bit boring compared to what I've read on here.

My favourite style is classic, esp Debussy, Rachmaninoff and Elgar. I also love jazz like Oscar Petersen, Jamie Callum (when he's not singing) and Miles Davis. My fav composer is Gershwin and I can listen to his stuff all day.

I also love jazz like Oscar Petersen, Jamie Callum (when he's not singing) and Miles Davis.

Big lover of jazz here too, SueK! I've been listening a lot lately to Dave Brubeck and Bill Evans especially. I also love Chet Baker, Ella, Ahmad Jamal and Art Blakey :).

I posted awhile ago, but I still love all types of music, and I love discovering new bands! Aside from jazz I've been listening lately to alternative stuff with huge doses of Muse and the Chili Peppers.

Glad to find another jazz lover, peacefield.

I suppose I ought to mention that I am also a great Tamla Motown fan. I love Stevie Wonder. Also a great fan of Jamiraquai, George Benson (esp his jazz stuff) and I loved Mr M Jackson. So it's a bit of a mix in all.