What music are you all into?

Tbird

As a 'Newbie' I'd like to find out what people on this forum like music wise as maybe a way to get to know some of you better. You could list your favourite Genres, Top ten favourite tracks and/or bands.

Personally i am in to Progressive Metal/Rock, and Alternative Metal/Rock

My top Favourite bands and Songs are:

Band - Song

A perfect circle - Weak and Powerless

Tool - Part of Me

Cire -Highly Specific

Fall of Troy - Shhh! if Your Quiet I'll Show Youa Dinosaur

Deftones -Hole in the Earth

Fair To Midland -Dance of the Manatee

3 - Diamond in the Crush

Muse - Muscle Museum

Coheed and Cambria - The Crowing

Metallica - No Leaf Clover

Dredg - Ode to the Sun

Taproot - She

Trapt - headstrong

Queens of the Stone Age - Lost Art Of Keeping a Secret

That'll do for now .. or I won't stop lol

So what are you all into?

:D

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love pop, R&B and rock the most. :)My favourite songs are Hero by The X Factor Finalists, So What by P!nk, Live Your Life (?) by TI and Rihanna, Hot N Cold by Katy Perry, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, About You Now by Sugababes, The Promise by Girls Aloud, If I Were A Boy by Beyonce... I could go on forever, but I'll stop here!:D

I like lots of different music. My favourite bands at the moment are The Feeling, Scissor Sisters and Girls Aloud. My favourite all time bands are Queen and the Beatles. There is quite a mix there. My favourite songs include Killer Queen (Queen), Turn It Up (The Feeling), Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles) Don't Leave Me This Way (The Communards) and Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler). So my music taste is very eclectic :D

I like most types of music apart from heavy rock and anything manufactured, which I can't stand. My first love is jazz and soul - not the modern r&b, but the real good old fashioned stuff with real musicians and singers - Stevie Wonder, Bobby Womack, Anita Baker etc.

Well, I'm going to show my age here and say that I don't any of the music mentioned in the 1st post:irked:

I grew up in the Beatles/Stones etc era but I really got into the Tamla Motown stuff and loved disco music. I also had a soft spot for Marc Bolan and Jimi Hendrix.

But my favourite genres are classical and jazz. Mostly composers such as Rachmaninov, Debussy, Elgar. Jazz music by Gershwin and musicians such as Oscar Peterson

I also like all sorts of music but lately I've been listening to Kings of Leon, Staind, Fallout Boy and Nickleback :D. I do like Muse though and my son has had Metallica on his ipod dock a lot lately (brings back memories!) - he would prob know all the bands you've mentioned .. he keeps coming to me with bands he thinks are great and I've either never heard of them or have a cd of theirs from years ago :)! He has a Nirvana track on as his ringtone and we both like The Foo Fighters! Do you like any of the ones I've mentioned?

Hmm, it should be fun to see all the answers to your question, Tbird!:D Well, for me, my tastes are still developing. There are still a couple of genres that I would like to explore, like melodic/black and Christian metal, and the fun '80s stuff.

The music I do like, though, I really enjoy and wish I could walk around with and share with other people all the time. I am a sucker for good harmony, though I think that's universally appealing; and for innovative instrumental parts. It's important for lyrics to stay mostly clean for me. Music doesn't have to be positive and upbeat, but I don't want to have something unreasonably angry or disgusting in my head.

Bands ~> Songs:

You'll see a lot of contemporary and heavier Christian, a good bit of classic rock, some big band swingy stuff, slow and mellow stuff, music with a driving tempo, and a teensy bit of pop and country.

downhere ~> "The More"

Frank Sinatra ~> changes every once in a while (currently 11/08 "I've Got You Under My Skin")

Newsboys ~> "Million Pieces"

Chris Rice ~> "When Did You Fall"

Styx ~> "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)"

Led Zeppelin ~> "Kashmir"

Demon Hunter ~> "The Tide Began to Rise"

Warren Barfield ~> "Reach"

Matthew West ~> "The Next Thing You Know"

Audio Adrenaline ~> "Lift Me Up" (title?)

U2 ~> "New Year's Day"

William Joseph ~> rockin' orchestral cover of "Kashmir"

Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~> "Carol of the Bells"

Josh Groban ~> "When You Say You Love Me" (shut it down, naysayers!)

Barlow Girl ~> "Psalm 73 (My God Is Enough)"

Cindy Morgan ~> "Dig Up"

Koji Kondo (he did a lot of the older Nintendo first-part games, and some of the newer ones) ~> "Zelda's Lullaby" from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy games) ~> "1, 000 Words Piano Version (Julia's Solo)"

Coldplay ~> "The Scientist"

Kutless ~> "Somewhere in the Sky"

The Lonely H ~> "Lullaby Lane" (yay, local bands!)

The Beach Boys ~> "Surfer Girl"

Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir ~> "I'm Goin' With Jesus"

Acappella ~> "Softly and Tenderly"

Casting Crowns ~> "Voice of Truth"

dcTalk ~> "Jesus Freak" (am I just one big cliche? Man!)

Elton John ~> "Your Song"

Steve Vai ~> "For the Love of God"

Glenn Miller ~> "I'm In the Mood"

By the Tree ~> "Wonderful Again"

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ~> "In F, K377 - 2, Tema con Varizioni"

Relient K ~> "Death Bed"

Queen ~> "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Switchfoot ~> "Dare You to Move"

Vitamin String Quartet ~> all-strings cover of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"

...and the list goes on and on.

You'll wish you hadn't asked :D

Incubus

Joni Mitchell

Bob Dylan

Rolling Stones

Neil Young

Led Zep

Dire Straits

Tom Petty

Pink Floyd

Toni Childs

Joan Armatrading

Fort Minor

Linkin Park

Audioslave

J.J.Cale

David Bowie

Van Morrison

Annie Lennox

Tracey Chapman

David Gray

Hmmmmmmm....... tough question !!! But here's a few of my favs at the mo

Bliss

Lucinda Drayton

Lou Rhodes

Lamb

Frou Frou

Emiliana Torrini

Kate Havenevik

4 Hero

Imogen Heap

Goldfrapp

Urban Myth Club

Zero 7

Secret Garden

Fragile State

State of Grace

Bombay Dub Orchestra

Future Loop Foundation

Honeyroot

Michael Buble

Eva Cassidy

Phew......... I think I'd better stop now !! :D

I like all sorts of music as well - mostly Rockb & Pop, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Here are some of my favourites in no particular order:

Depeche Mode

ACDC

Chris de Burgh

Joe Cocker

Rod Stewart

Tina Turner

Nightwish

Metallica

Iron Maiden

The Weather Girls

Edguy

Hammerfall

The Offspring

Cranberries

Nirvana

The Darkness

I pretty much listen to anything with the exception of rap. My first love is jazz (traditional, not experimental), and I also like 60s/70s rock, showtunes, vocal/instrumental standards and some alternative rock. I have a huge place in my heart for anything Red Hot Chili Peppers and Chris Cornell (Soundgarden/Audioslave included), and oh, classical too.

To name a few of my jazz/standards faves: Ella Fitzgerald, Chet Baker, Bill Evans, Vince Guaraldi, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Jane Monheit, Diana Krall, Julie London, Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck, Gerry Mulligan, Johnny Mercer, Cole Porter, Oscar Peterson and Shorty Rogers.

The variety of music I listen to has grown quite a lot in the last couple of years, though it'll vary a lot depending on my mood.

Sia (Breathe Me), Marillion, The Killers, 30 Seconds To Mars, Imogen Heap, Sigur Ros, A Perfect Circle (The Noose), Savage Garden, Darren Hayes, Evanescence, The Smashing Pumpkins, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Pink, Avril Lavigne, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Counting Crows, Boxcar Racer, Blink 182, Brand New, Coldplay, Three Doors Down (Here Without You), Third Eye Blind (10 Days Late), Tori Amos, Sarah Mclachlan, Alanis Morissette, REM, David Gray, Damien Rice, The Fray, Kelly Clarkson, Goo Goo Dolls (Iris), U2, Led Zeppelin, The Postal Service (Sleeping In) & Tool.

I also like all sorts of music but lately I've been listening to Kings of Leon, Staind, Fallout Boy and Nickleback :D. I do like Muse though and my son has had Metallica on his ipod dock a lot lately (brings back memories!) - he would prob know all the bands you've mentioned .. he keeps coming to me with bands he thinks are great and I've either never heard of them or have a cd of theirs from years ago :)! He has a Nirvana track on as his ringtone and we both like The Foo Fighters! Do you like any of the ones I've mentioned?

Yes i especially like the foos and kings of leon :)

sorry for double posting, i dont know how to edit a post, maybe someone could tell me how? :D

anyway reviewing the thread it seems there are a lot of people who like jazz/soul/(original)r n b. I'm also seeing alot of people who listen to bands that i either listen too or have influenced the music i listen too. I nice mixed bunch, thank you all for leaving a reply, i havn't been here for a few days and its nice to see people take an interest to my thread :)

lately ive been trying to get into soul, because every now and then i will hear a piece that takes my breath away, however i can never find it due to not knowing who it is etc, so could any one maybe recommend a good soul/jazz artist. I like stevie wonder and um .. james brown is it?

My absolute favourites are Genesis, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Green Day but I also like The Carpenters, Robbie Williams, Billy Joel and I have a passion for Gilbert and Sullivan - so quite varied you might say!

Third Eye Blind

Oooh, me too!

And Iris is one of my fave songs! :D

Edited by Janet

Mostly rock and metal for me.

Some of my favourite bands and artist are:

Dream Theater

Ramstein

Pink Floyd

Metallica

Guns N' Roses (original lineup)

Velvet Revolver

David Bowie

Pink

I tend to like harder-edged, guitar-led stuff.

Edited by Kell

My music taste is quite eclectic. I listen to hip-hop (the good kind!), jazz, alternative, indie, soft rock, metal...a bit of everything, really.

Not neccesarily my favourites but some artists/bands I've had on repeat lately: Natty, Muse, Keane, M.I.A., A Tribe Called Quest, The Saturdays, Luther Vandross, Kanye West, MGMT, The Libertines, Santogold, Beck, Liam Finn, Coldplay, Adele...

Mostly rock and metal for me.

Some of my favourite bands and artist are:

Dream Theater

Ramstein

Pink Floyd

Metallica

Guns & Roses (original lineup)

Velvet Revolver

David Bowie

Pink

I tend to like harder-edged, guitar-led stuff.

some good bands there i like most of them too :) How do you feel about the new GnR album, i havnt listened yet, is it as good as it was built up to be?

Aretha Franklin, tbird my friend. Almost anything Aretha recorded for Atlantic Records between 1967 and 1973 is the finest soul music anyone ever recorded. Angel is my personal favourite, but you can't go wrong with any of it.

Thanks for that ill take a look :)

How do you feel about the new GnR album, i havnt listened yet, is it as good as it was built up to be?

I got this yesterday and so far so good! :)

My favourite music:

G n' R

Velvet Revolver

Linkin Park

Queen

Eminem

Robbie Williams

Girls Aloud

Roxy Music

Pink Floyd

To name just a few. :)