Grey's Anatomy

Maureen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I just gasped when I realised it was him. I didn't get it until right at the end. I think they will both die, as she is off doing lots of films and he hasn't had a storyline for ages

I wrote the above at the end of episode 23 and having just watched the last episode have to admit that I watched the last 10 minutes in tears.

I almost feel like I've been punced in the stomach!

Fantastic writing for the whole season.... where to from here?

I have no idea where next - where can they go? What else can happen? They have had it all this season, even mingling with Private Practice (which I thought was awesome!) I guess it will be a series of mourning. Maybe they will bring to the forefront some of the interns?

I'm not sure what you know of Season 5 but what happens is (obviously if you read it'll completely spoil it for you) ~

Derek removes part of Izzy's brain as the tumour will kill her otherwise, but there's a possibility it could completely mess up her short term memory, so she signs a Do Not Resusitate form, so that if something were to happen she could die in peace. She wakes up from the operation and her short term memory has gone, it resets about every 5 minutes and Alex is trying to get her to remember. Alongside this George has decided to leave and join the Army as a trauma surgeon, and everyone decides they're going to stage a protest at the end of his work day to stop him from going. However they find out the Chief had sent him home to spend his last day with his mum before leaving for the war and everyone's upset. All through the episode there is a 'John Doe' who saved a lady from being hit by a bus by pushing her out the way and being hit himself, he tries to write something on Meredith's hand but she says he's too weak and to try again tomorrow, so he tries again, very near the end of the episode and he writes 'O....O....7' and meredith says 'Double O, 7?' and he squeezes her hand and she starts screaming 'OMG, IT'S GEORGE' and runs off to tell everyone. As they rush George into the operating theatre, Izzy finally gets her memory back and Alex is hugging her, then she goes limp and her heart stops, obviously she signed the DNR so Christina says they can't resus her, the Chief comes in and decides to ignore the DNR and try to bring her back. Then it flicks, Izzy in the gown she wore when Denny died, she gets into the lift, and when it opens, George is on the other side in his army uniform and they stare at each other, and it flicks back to them trying to resus Izzy and them shouting 'We're losing him', and then back to in the lift. And it ends! You have to watch it though, it's on youtube, it's so so sad!

Here's the link if you want to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11BfYQXvZlQ

Edited by lexiepiper

I think George is definitely leaving, but I heard that Katherine was thinking of staying now she had a good storyline, but I think it's very possible she will leave too, she's been talking about wanting to leave for a long time now. But then again, maybe it was all to lead to this? Who knows! It's going to be a long wait for the next season.

Also I wonder what they would do with Alex next season if she does leave, I think he would be devestated

Ok, I've acquired episode 21 and will be watching tonight probably.

Is this the season finale then?

ETA: I've answered my own question and 'found' the other episodes.

Where from? I have 22-24 waiting for me, but no 21!

I wonder if the next series will be the last if both die? Maybe they will write it as Alex completely losing it and being sacked, Owen going back to Iraq, but this time with Christina and Derek and Meredith moving?

Yeah, like someone suggested earlier, they might bring some interns forward, or maybe focus more on some of the other doctors like Bailey and the Chief, show more of their home life etc.

I'm still hoping Izzy will live, but I think George is a definite goner sadly, I always did like him :)

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!

I don't know what to do now. I love the show - ask my hubby - so I want to keep it going for as long as possible. But, having read some of your posts, now I want to go on You Tube and watch it all - right now!!

It is so sad. I am terrible for crying - I cried at the advert for the new movie "My Sisters Keeper" for goodness sake - so I will need a big bundle of tissues.

I am totally devastated now. :-(

• 1 month later...
Anyone watching Series 5?

I'm watching the season, too...

I think it's the best ever made... Because the story about Izzy... and the story about Christina and Hunt is really great.

But there's something i found very confusing... Why do they introduce so many new doctors?? That's so disgusting.

Okay but that's not the reason why i found it a bit silly. I found it a bit silly because at the moment everyone is so depressive and sad. Look at Derek. He thrown Meredith' ring away. That's so bad...

But the Story and everything in season 5 is great!!!

• 2 months later...

If anyone watched all of Season 5, and is curious about certain characters - whether they will be on in season 6 - This is from Wikipedia :

On June 22, 2009, it was confirmed that T.R. Knight had officially been released from his contract and would not be returning for the sixth season

2-hour season premiere thursday september 24th.