Book Wishlist for Christmas!

Inver

I asked for:

- Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone (Illustrated)

- Revival - Stephen King

- Magisterium. The Copper Gauntlet.

- Así va el mundo! Mafalda (It's a comic, I don't know if it is in Enligsh)

- La niña silencio - Cècile Roumiguière (it's a graphic novel)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for:

- Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone (Illustrated)

- Revival - Stephen King

- Magisterium. The Copper Gauntlet.

- Así va el mundo! Mafalda (It's a comic, I don't know if it is in Enligsh)

- La niña silencio - Cècile Roumiguière (it's a graphic novel)

I remember reading in that other thread where you said you got a few of these! :smile2: I guess it means you've been a good girl and that Santa is pleased :D

As I said in my previous post, I didn't ask for any books, but I did get two. From someone who knows where to check out my wishlist and read-books and TBR list, to make sure. :lol: Santa is computer literate!  :hide:   :cool:

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...

Frankie yes!!! For Xmas I got 3 of these books so for me is perfect!

And today I got 2 more books that are on my wishlist in amazon, so I think that the Kings are computer literate like your Santa jeje.

One question: Here in Spain we celebrate the Epiphany with gifts, especially children received a lot of gifts but in some families adults too. Have you got this celebration in your country?

Frankie yes!!! For Xmas I got 3 of these books so for me is perfect!

And today I got 2 more books that are on my wishlist in amazon, so I think that the Kings are computer literate like your Santa jeje.

One question: Here in Spain we celebrate the Epiphany with gifts, especially children received a lot of gifts but in some families adults too. Have you got this celebration in your country?

Congratulations on your new books Sabry! We don't celebrate Epiphany on the UK, I'm not even sure what it is? But Happy Epiphany! :)

I had heard of Epiphany but didn't know what it was - the wee bit of googling I did seems to show that it is on the 12th day of Christmas and that is when the visit of the three kings to the baby Jesus took place (the word Epiphany meaning 'to show', and this being Jesus shown to the world).  I had never thought much about the 12th day itself, although where I live it is still a tradition that the Christmas decorations should be taken down by 12th night.  Apparently in mediaeval times Christmas was celebrated from Christmas Eve to Epiphany; I actually really like that idea and it's what I tend to do although just as a matter of preference rather than because I realised there was a tradition behind it.

I hope you had an enjoyable Epiphany celebration, Sabry, I'm sure you will let me know if I have got its origin totally wrong!  Do you get more gifts at on Christmas Day itself and just a few on Epiphany, or is it equal between the two?

• 10 months later...

I've been working on a list of books to buy this year! Can't wait to read them all~

Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz (finally getting my hands on an actual copy- just think of the nice smelling pages!)
The Weirdness by Jeremy Bushnell
The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (I know, I know. Shame on me for not reading it sooner!)
Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
Some Assembly Required by Arin Andrews
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller

those are a few so far...