Little Bird

kehs

I've just read a proof copy of Little Bird by Camilla Way and while I enjoyed it I did find it slightly disappointing compared to her first novel - Dead of Summer.

Amazon Synopsis

Three identities, no known name - and an obsessed pursuer from the past. She grew up in the forest in France without speech. Snatched at the age of three by a troubled mute man, all she learns is bird song. When she is found as a teenager, the media frenzy brings 'Little Bird' to a famous American linguist. So Elodie grows up in another country, with a new identity in a household sometimes more hostile than the forest she left. When violence strikes, Elodie flees again. She eventually ends up in London, known now as 'Kate.' She is determined to put the past behind her and lead a normal life. But what happens if someone from her past wont let her go? What happens if someone falls in love with her? Little Bird is an extraordinary rich, wholly absorbing, psychological novel about identity, language and love. Once you have finished it you will want to start all over again.

My Thoughts

Having read and loved The Dead of Summer by Way I was keen to read this book. Sadly, I was let down a little as it didn