• Announcements

• Michelle

Important Announcement!   07/28/2018

Dear BCF members,   This forum has been running now for many years, and over that time we have seen many changes. Generalised forums are nowhere near as popular as they once were, and they have been very much taken over by blogs, vlogs and social media discussions. Running a forum well takes money, and a lot of care and attention, as there is so much which goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.   With all of this in mind, and after discussion within the current moderator team, the decision has been made to close this forum in its current format. I know that this will disappoint a lot of our long term members, but I want to reassure you that it's not a decision which has been taken lightly.    The remaining moderator team have agreed that we do not want to lose everything which is special about our home, and so we are starting a brand new facebook group, so that people can stay in touch, and discussions can continue. We can use it for free and should be easier for us to run (it won't need to be updated or hosted). We know not everyone has FaceBook, but we hope that those of you who are interested will join the group. We will share the link, and send invites as soon as we are ready to go. Added: We may as well get this going, find us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195289821332924/   The forum will close to new registrations, but will remain open for some time, to allow people to collect up any information, reading lists etc they need to, and to ensure they have contact details for those they wish to stay in touch with.    The whole team feel sad to say goodbye, but we also feel that it's perhaps time and that it feels like the right choice. We hope we can stay in touch with all of you through our new FaceBook group.   I personally want to thank everyone who has helped me moderate the forum, both in the past and the present, and I also want to thank every single person who has visited, and shared their love of books.. I'm so proud of everything we've achieved, and the home we built.   Please visit the new section in the Lounge section to discuss this further, ask questions etc.
muggle not

Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

18 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I`m a recent convert to the raspberry magnum - Raspberry ice cream on a stick, covered in raspberry coulis and dark chocolate. :wub:

I like them too. The Espresso Magnum though is even better. They seem to do different flavour Magnums in different countries and I make a point of seeing which ones are available in all the different places I go. The best ones were in Poland where I had crème brulee and tiramisu - both were gorgeous. 

1 hour ago, Talisman said:

I like them too. The Espresso Magnum though is even better. They seem to do different flavour Magnums in different countries and I make a point of seeing which ones are available in all the different places I go. The best ones were in Poland where I had crème brulee and tiramisu - both were gorgeous. 

Ooh, I haven`t seen a coffee one. :)

Now I feel like I`m missing out on those great Polish flavours. :lol:

23 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Ooh, I haven`t seen a coffee one. :)

Now I feel like I`m missing out on those great Polish flavours. :lol:

That was a few years ago, so they may not still be doing them.

The other one I like is the coconut flavour - I love anything coconut. 

15 hours ago, Talisman said:

The other one I like is the coconut flavour - I love anything coconut. 

I love coconut icecream! It's relatively rare here, so I don't often get to have it, but I had it at Christmas and I've had it on a holiday in France.

10 hours ago, Athena said:

I love coconut icecream! It's relatively rare here, so I don't often get to have it, but I had it at Christmas and I've had it on a holiday in France.

I love anything coconut. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Talisman said:

I love anything coconut. 

I've had coconut ice cream once.   I think it was at Baskin- Robbins.    I know that the Sonic eatery near my home has great coconut cream milk shakes.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Athena said:

34 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I've had coconut ice cream once.   I think it was at Baskin- Robbins.    I know that the Sonic eatery near my home has great coconut cream milk shakes.

Visit the U.S. You can have it every day. :)

maple walnut, butter pecan, and pistachio are also very good, but none as good as teaberry.

I don't think I have even heard of teaberry. I had a lot of different types of berry when I went to Finland many years ago but don't remember that one. 

The other flavours all sound good though - I like pistachio too. Its about time that Magnum did one of these.