Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

muggle not

That's where I tried the mango! About 10 days ago. :D

ha-ha! Then you know how delicious they all are. We stayed in Sirmione, a lovely little place, and tried a different flavour every day [for our 10 days.]I liked them all and could happily go back there for the icecreams alone.

ha-ha! Then you know how delicious they all are. We stayed in Sirmione, a lovely little place, and tried a different flavour every day [for our 10 days.]I liked them all and could happily go back there for the icecreams alone. 

Sirmione is gorgeous - we visited the ruins there and decided that if we had been wealthy Romans we'd have built a villa there too.

We were staying in Garda, and we too had loads of ice cream - Italian deliciousness! :D

Sirmione is gorgeous - we visited the ruins there and decided that if we had been wealthy Romans we'd have built a villa there too.

We were staying in Garda, and we too had loads of ice cream - Italian deliciousness! :D

Chrissy, we walked to the Catullo ruins one day [our hotel was only a 10 min walk from it] and had the place entirely to ourselves, with the sun shining, it was magical!Then we had coffee in the little cafe just outside it, where the sparrows all buzz about on your table and try and steal food.Our hotel was called Hotel Pace[pronounced Parch-ay meaning peace].We chose this small hotel right on the lakeside because in the 1920's James Joyce stayed there for a couple of months.We thought that if it was good enough for him , it would be fine for us!

Edited by gardengirl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My 3 favorites are still Teaberry, Maple Nut, and Pistachio.

My favorite ice cream place is the Creamery at Penn State. There is none to come close to it in quality and taste in the U.S......IMHO. :)

Check out their flavors.

http://creamery.psu.edu/products/ice-cream

LOL, is that a dance. :)

You can dance and eat at the same time, if you like :D

Hokey pokey (ice cream)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hokey pokey 250px-Hokey_pokey_ice_cream.jpg
New Zealand-made hokey pokey ice cream, sold in Japan
Place of origin
New Zealand
Main ingredients
Vanilla ice cream, honeycomb toffee  

Hokey pokey is a flavour of ice cream in New Zealand, consisting of plain vanilla ice cream with small, solid lumps of honeycomb toffee. Hokey pokey is a New Zealand term for honeycomb toffee. The original recipe until around 1980 consisted of solid toffee, but in a marketing change Tip-Top decided to use small balls of honeycomb toffee instead.

It is the most popular flavour after plain vanilla in New Zealand, and a standard example of Kiwiana. It is also exported to Japan and the Pacific.

Hokey pokey (ice cream)

Hokey pokey

250px-Hokey_pokey_ice_cream.jpg

Place of origin

New Zealand

Main ingredients

Hokey pokey is a flavour of ice cream in New Zealand, consisting of plain vanilla ice cream with small, solid lumps of honeycomb toffee. Hokey pokey is a New Zealand term for honeycomb toffee. The original recipe until around 1980 consisted of solid toffee, but in a marketing change Tip-Top decided to use small balls of honeycomb toffee instead.

It is the most popular flavour after plain vanilla in New Zealand, and a standard example of Kiwiana. It is also exported to Japan and the Pacific.

Looks yummy!

But I still prefer, in general, chocolate.....but a bit of Amaretto over it would not go unappreciated. :D

Could've sworn I posted in here the other day … while we were on holiday a couple of weeks ago, I had the most delicious orange & marscapone ice cream made my Roskilly, so if you're ever down in Cornwall, I'd highly recommend it.  Unfortunately, I only discovered it on the last day of the holiday, otherwise I would have had it more than once! :lol:

Hokey pokey (ice cream)

Hokey pokey 250px-Hokey_pokey_ice_cream.jpg
Place of origin
New Zealand
Main ingredients

sounds good.Lets try the second most popular flavor in N.Z. along with the dance.

http://youtu.be/QfPg_GzC-HA

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me it depends.
Ordinary ice cream - plain vanilla. 

Soft ice cream - vanilla with strawberry sauce. 

Milkshake - candy cane ice cream

Ben & Jerry's - maybe the cookie dough

I am not a big fan of chocolate ice cream. 
I just have to realize that I am a boring vanilla girl. 

• 2 years later...

This thread just reminded me I have some kind of mint fudge chocolate ben and jerrys in the freezer since Thursday! Haven't tried it yet, but I suspect is it the best ice cream ever as it contains all my favourite flavours :D

This thread just reminded me I have some kind of mint fudge chocolate ben and jerrys in the freezer since Thursday! Haven't tried it yet, but I suspect is it the best ice cream ever as it contains all my favourite flavours :D

Sounds wonderful. Let us know how much you enjoy it. :)

• 1 year later...

I really enjoy spumoni and mint chocolate chip.   As a kid, I liked pistachio a little bit.  Has anyone ever had rosewater ice cream.   Many Asian sweet shops in Chicago are now advertising a treat called rolled ice cream.   It sounds interesting.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

I really enjoy spumoni and mint chocolate chip.   As a kid, I liked pistachio a little bit.  Has anyone ever had rosewater ice cream.   Many Asian sweet shops in Chicago are now advertising a treat called rolled ice cream.   It sounds interesting.

As an elderly :) I still like pistachio. My favorite though is teaberry. I also like butter pecan, chocolate,.....and, so many more.

Edited by muggle not

18 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

I`m a recent convert to the raspberry magnum - Raspberry ice cream on a stick, covered in raspberry coulis and dark chocolate. :wub:

I like them too. The Espresso Magnum though is even better. They seem to do different flavour Magnums in different countries and I make a point of seeing which ones are available in all the different places I go. The best ones were in Poland where I had crème brulee and tiramisu - both were gorgeous.