Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

muggle not

• 1 year later...

The Penn State Creamery in State College, Pennsylvania has the best ice cream in the U.S. Visitors from all over the world have come to taste and learn how the Ice Cream is made at the Creamery.

http://creamery.psu.edu/products/ice-cream

my favorites are:

1. Teaberry

2. Maple Nut

3. Butter Pecan

4. Pistachio

One of the best and most unusual that I recently tried was rose and geranium which is made on the Isles of Scilly (St Agnes) by Troy Town Farm using fresh organic milk and cream. Sadly it isn't available away from the islands. It was though absolutely delicious - a great way to enjoy an afternoon on the beach. :smile: with of course, a good book !

Edited by Talisman

We vacation in Bar Harbor, maine every year and they have an ice cream store that has "lobster" flavor ice cream. I haven't had the nerve to try it and also haven't been able to talk my wife into trying it. :)

We vacation in Bar Harbor, maine every year and they have an ice cream store that has "lobster" flavor ice cream. I haven't had the nerve to try it and also haven't been able to talk my wife into trying it. :)

Yuk, I just looked it up (Bar Harbor looks beautiful by the way, I've wanted to visit Maine ever since Hawkeye used to sing its praises in MASH!). It has actual pieces of lobster in it!!! I bet my other half would try it if we were there though... :)

For me it has to be pistachio ice cream if I can get it, Waitrose does a lovely one, after that it'd have to be a good quality mint choc chip..

Yuk, I just looked it up (Bar Harbor looks beautiful by the way, I've wanted to visit Maine ever since Hawkeye used to sing its praises in MASH!). It has actual pieces of lobster in it!!! I bet my other half would try it if we were there though... :)

For me it has to be pistachio ice cream if I can get it, Waitrose does a lovely one, after that it'd have to be a good quality mint choc chip..

We will be vacationing again this September in Bar Harbor. This is one of the restaurants where we wil have dinner 4 nights. The restaurant is the "rounded" part of the Inn..

http://www.barharborinn.com/property.html

this is the inside of the dining room. We normally get a table at the window so we have a clear view of the harbor and boats. if interested, access the menu and browse. It is our favorite restaurant in Bar Harbor.

http://www.barharborinn.com/dining.html

Edited by muggle not

Will have to look for their pistachio ice cream at the weekend - I love it, but Pizza Express have stopped doing their pistachio gelato which was heaven in a bowl, and have been missing having it when we've been there the last couple of times :(

• 1 year later...

Thanks for asking, Muggles. :)

I have a couple of new faves: white chocolate and raspberry ice cream, and sticky date ice cream. Yum!

The white chocolate and raspberry sound good. While in Bar Harbor I had maple walnut ice cream. I also like pistachio, butter pecan, and coconut. However, my favorite is still teaberry.......I would walk 10 miles for it. :)

Athena - I also like lemon flavored fruit bars. Chocolate ice cream is probably one of the two most favorite in the world, I think. :)

Edited by muggle not

This thread is making me want ice cream when I've only just had breakfast :giggle2:

We went to Cornwall over the summer and I loved all the ice cream there, it's amazing. I think my favourite was probably blackcurrant and clotted cream.

Unfortunately we can't get that here, but at least we can get Kelly's Cornish clotted cream ice cream, and that's delicious too :smile:

I love rum and raison, it reminds me of my Grandad because it used to be his favourite

I once had mint ice cream with honey comb at Hatton country farm when I was little, that was delicious but I've never seen it since!

I tried mango flavoured ice cream for the first time, and instantly fell in love with it. I had to stop myself from making "Mmmmmmm" noises as I ate it. :giggle2:

I have not tried Mango flavored ice cream. It sounds fresh, I will have to find it and try some.

Boysenberry Ripple (made from locally grown boysenberries)

Our boysenberries are also pretty good. :) It does sound good though.

Athena - this is the Lemon Fruit Bars.

Edited by muggle not

why don't we have more flavours available here in Britain? The US has so many [let's face it, it has the most food items too, and in the biggest packets! I would be double my size if I lived there.] I was visiting a few small places on Lake Garda In Italy this year, and they have the most fantastic choice there as well, so many wonderful ice cream shops.Yum.

why don't we have more flavours available here in Britain? The US has so many [let's face it, it has the most food items too, and in the biggest packets! I would be double my size if I lived there.] I was visiting a few small places on Lake Garda In Italy this year, and they have the most fantastic choice there as well, so many wonderful ice cream shops.Yum.

That's where I tried the mango! About 10 days ago. :D