Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

muggle not

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was a kid (seemingly a very long time ago now!) there was a shop we used to stop at when my family were driving back from Exmoor, that used to sell a wonderful lime flavoured ice cream - that was all kinds of ace!

Walls Midnight Mint ice creams where the biz as well, although that is once again showing my age!

These days I find myself limited to Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip and Cookie Dough!

I love all the nutty flvours like pistachio, macadamia, almond and coconut. If I could find a peanut butter flavoured one, I'd be in 7th heaven!

Kell, for you....scroll down until you come to peanut butter. The Creamery makes the best ice cream anywhere. My favorite is Teaberry.

http://www.creamery.psu.edu/flavors.htm

I'm going to be really boring and say plain Vanilla. To be honest with you I'm not really a big fan of ice cream. I mean I will eat it occassionally but it's not something that I would personally choose to have....unless it's in the form of a White Magnum that is.

There is a franchise over here called Maud's ice cream. They do loads of different flavours but their most popular is one called Pooh Bear ice cream. Its vanilla with huge chunks of honeycomb through it and is beautiful :). My favourite is their vanilla with chunks of belgian chocolate through it although they have recently started doing one called Choccy Bear - a mixture of pooh bear with belgian choclate through it which is also really really nice :D.

I also like skinny cow choc chip ice cream and its not so bad on the hips too :blush:!

After all that though my absolute favourite favourite ice cream is the scottish Mackies vanilla - mmm delicious. It tastes really creamy and nothing else compares to it. Its even nicer than Maud's and I never thought I'd ever say that! :)

There's an ice cream lot in Cornwall called Roskilly's that make some gorgeous ice creams- I love them all, but my favourite is Orange and Marscapone. :) I also love Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.

Vanilla probably (but it has to be a good, white vanilla ice-cream, no day-glo yellow please), but I also like coffee, banana, strawberry and a lovely christmas pudding flavour ice-cream I once had that was a gift from cornwall or devon many years ago.

Also white chocolate magnums :)

We did have some wonderful golden syrup flavoured ice cream for tea on Sunday. It had little spongy bits in it & it was rather gorgeous.

Ooo we've got some of that - it's lovely isn't it! favourite flavours include anything nutty or fruity. I was lucky enough to try a trifle flavoured ice cream and that was gorgeous.

Rum and Raisin.

I can't believe there are 18 different icecream cone flavours, let alone 100 different icecreams. What a great place. I have never heard of teaberries and I can't really imagine pumpkin flavoured icecream :)

poppy, teaberries grow close to the ground and are very scarce. When we were kids we would pick maybe a handful or two and eat them. They grow in open spaces near the woods. Central Pennsylvania, USA is one of their habitat. My late brother used to say that he would walk 10 miles for a teaberry ice cream cone.......me too. Very few places actually make teaberry ice cream. LOL, when we lived in Virginia we once drove 200 miles to the Creamery http://www.creamery.psu.edu/flavors.htm and when we got there we found that they didn't have teaberry that day. My second favorite ice cream is maple nut. Here is a photo of teaberries.

20qauzl.jpg

Edited by muggle not