Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first read this story, my first thought was 'who is he?' and my second thought, 'Don't leave David Tennant, please don't leave', despite the fact I have known for awhile he is leaving the role 1.gif but I will give Matt Smith the benefit of the doubt, a bold move I must say, choosing a relatively unknown actor.

Edited by Weave

Was David Tennant very well known before he became Dr. Who?

I think he was, he was in 'Casanova', 'Blackpool', Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire', 'The Quatermass Experiment', that is the ones I seen basically :roll:

I'm reserving judgment until I've seen him act the part. Afterall, I was horrified when I read that Catherine Tate was going to be an assistant and I had to eat my words as she turned out to be my favourite one from 'new Who'!

I was horrified when I read that Catherine Tate was going to be an assistant and I had to eat my words as she turned out to be my favourite one from 'new Who'!

Same here! I cried when she left!!

I'm not entirely sure we've seen the last of Donna Noble, we'll have to wait and see how the specials play out.

I'm quite pleased with the casting of Matt Smith as the Doctor, I think he could be a very good choice indeed (but I'll reserve final judgement on that until 2010!).

He's only three or four years younger than Peter Davison was when he took on the role, but I don't really see his age being an issue if he is up to the job.

As for looking weird, I hope the poor chap hasn't been reading the internet today, there have been some very unflattering things being said about him. Personally, I think he looks very well suited to the role, I think there's something slightly otherworldly about him.

With him looking so young, I just don't think I'll believe him taking charge of a situation, like the Doctor needs to. He looks more like he'd storm off into his room to sulk, slam the door and put his music on full blast. Still, I'm trying to remain open-minded until I see his performance. I think it's always difficult when the Doctor changes - you get so attached to whoever's in the role and you don't want it to change (especially when it's David Tennant).

Raven, have you heard whispers that Donna might be back, or is it just what you think? In some ways, I don't want her to come back. Like I said when Rose left, it negates the emotion you felt about the loss if you blithely bring them back (after insisting it was impossible). I didn't like Rose's return (especially her annoying lisping). And it might be the same for Donna. On the other hand, it would be nice to see her again!

With him looking so young, I just don't think I'll believe him taking charge of a situation, like the Doctor needs to. He looks more like he'd storm off into his room to sulk, slam the door and put his music on full blast.

I don't think he looks that young at all. He is young, yes, but he's not a teenager . . .

Raven, have you heard whispers that Donna might be back, or is it just what you think?

I've heard rumours, but that was before Davis made some other comments about the up-coming specials. If she is returning, my guess is that it will be either in the third or fourth special.

I don't think he looks that young at all. He is young, yes, but he's not a teenager . . .

He still looks like one to me!

I've heard rumours, but that was before Davis made some other comments about the up-coming specials. If she is returning, my guess is that it will be either in the third or fourth special.

Very interesting. I would like to see Donna again. :D

• 2 months later...

RTD was on BBC breakfast this morning and he confirmed that the next special will air in November, ahead of a two-part finale over Christmas.

He also confirmed that the companion for the Christmas two-parter will be:

Bernard Cribbins!

Bernard Cribbens should be great! :lol:

I can't say I was that impressed with tonight's special. Having watched EastEnders, I couldn't take Michelle Ryan and her posh accent seriously, and Lee Evans was a little too over the top for me too.

Still, an hour of DT - I can't complain!

Who's coming back through the dark? My guess is The Master. :irked:

Who's coming back through the dark? My guess is The Master. :irked:

That's what I thought straight away. :lol: I didn't mind tonights episode actually, I thought it was quite good.. and I didn't have a problem with the women because I don't watch EastEnders. All in all rather good, I thought Lee Evans was superb but a little over-the-top, like Michelle said.