Dr Who

Michelle

Yeah I know what you mean. I love actual pocket watches, I have a couple of small ones, and it'd be nice to have a genuine one that looks like the Doctor's one.

I'm just about to watch the special with the Titanic - LOL.

Spoiler for end of Series 3:

I like the way Martha left. I say fair play to her. I prefer Rose, but Rose would literally have done anything for the Doctor - it felt as though she was a bit like a puppy, a feeling which the Doctor's mutual affection for her did little to abate. Martha, even if inspired by a lack of similar mutual feeling, still had the strength to walk out on the Doctor and get on with her life, and I've a lot of respect for her for that. I'd be clinging to the outside of the TARDIS like Captain Jack if the Doc ever wanted rid of me.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of pieces of news . . .

- Tonight is the first of two Doctor Who Proms (the second being tomorrow morning) which will feature Matt Smith, Karen Gillian and (hurrah!) Arthur Darvill. The Prom starts at 7.30pm and, for listeners on Radio Three, there will be a 20-minute programme taking a light-hearted look at the music of Doctor Who called "Dance of the Daleks" which will be broadcast during the intermission at around 8.20pm (the second Prom starts tomorrow morning at 11.00am).

- For those who may have missed it / want to see it again / do not have access to iPlayer or the DVDs etc, BBC Three are starting a re-run of series five next Friday evening at 7pm.

I finished all the Tennant eps. I cried so much I ended up with a headache. :giggle: Poor old Doc.

I thought the whole thing wrapped up very very nicely, far better than I expected, but it's such a shame everyone ends up fairly happy except the poor old Doc.

I finished all the Tennant eps. I cried so much I ended up with a headache. :giggle: Poor old Doc.

I thought the whole thing wrapped up very very nicely, far better than I expected, but it's such a shame everyone ends up fairly happy except the poor old Doc.

Well, you already know what I think about that . . .

And it's actually been re-enforced, having watched the End of Time parts one and two on BBC Three last Friday night. There are individual pieces that are very good indeed, but they are too few and far between and the overall story is just so badly plotted (but that's what you get if you make up a story as you go, I suppose!).

Yeah I certainly agree it wasn't great, but it's more the emotional side of it all that I thought was great. Though it's an awful kick in the teeth (an a rather over the top and unnecessary one) that

Rose gets her own Doctor in her universe. It's like, 'Series 2: saddest thing that can happen? The Doc and Rose get trapped forever in seperate universes. Aw. Series 4: I KNOW! Let's bring Rose back, repeat the above, and give Rose her OWN Doctor, just to really kick the real Doctor in the teeth. In a highly unbelieveable fashion.'

But the ideas, the emotions implied by the events at their most abstract, i.e everyone ending up alone but the Doctor - made me feel like it all tied up well except for the poor Doc.

Whoops! I think we have crossed wires here, I thought you were talking about the End of Time, but it sounds like you were talking about the series four finalé - apologies if I've spoilered anything!

Journey's End is a much better story than End of Time, and it does have an excellent ending - it's just a pity RTD had to go and stomp all over it later . . .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt we'll be watching the Dr Who Xmas Special this year. We gave up watching the show because we couldn't stand Matt Smith in the role and that sidekick lass, Amy Pond, was so bad she was making us sick every time we saw her. I think we'll just wait till the Dr regenerates and then take another look - but only if Amy Pond is long gone by then!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to the Dr. Who special, but - having said that - I'll watch anything with Karen Gillan in it. Um. Yeah. Completely for her acting ability, of course... :D

:giggle: Completely...

I went to the Dr. Who stag show in Brum just over a month ago. I actually quiet enjoyed it.

Looking forward to the new series next year, although I hear they are splitting it in two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...