Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 15 year old wonders whether River Song will turn out to be

a Doctor from the future, as if they decide to break the conventions and have more regenerations than they should, then they could go the whole hog and have a female Doctor, too!

Have you actually seen the Tennant series Nollaig, or just some of the episodes? Not sure from your post if you're re-watching them and hating DT, BP and CT or whether you've only watched some, and they happened to be ones you didn't like? If you haven't seen them all, tell us which ones you've seen and not liked, and perhaps we can recommend some to try?

My mum watched the Tennant series, so I used to be subjected to it. I have no idea what episodes they were or what happened in them, I just couldn't stand the actors so I never watched it. If I were to watch it, I'd get all three seasons and watch them through. That said, I've seen the final episode. The one where he regenerates and turns into Matt Smith. I did get a bit teary when he said, 'I don't want to go', because that was a bit sucky, but beyond that I was like 'yay new doctor!'

I wasn't GOING to watch this season of Doctor Who either, but a friend of mine pointed out it was a whole new Doctor etc. so I decided to give it a go, assuming I'd hate the actors in it just like the Tennant series, but I loved it.

If you're going to watch them all, then I leave you to it, but for me, the best of the DT stories were Human Nature/Family of Blood from series three, so I hope you get that far. I wasn't a great fan of Freema as companion (just not a very good actress imo), but that two parter was outstanding.

Dashing? I don't think that's the word I'd use...

He's very strange looking (and I'm being polite there).

Ah now.

9krgog

Not even with adoreable nerd glasses? Well, I'd gladly have him. :D

Ewww... Is there a throwing up smiley I can use? Noll, you are welcome to him! :)

I really need to get a DT avatar piccie to try and redress the balance of all these Matt :D Smith pics that are proliferating here.

Loving the specs! I have to agree with Nollaig that he certainly was dashing in the top hat and tails, but Mr Smith is a bit too young for me (as I'm starting to feel my age thanks to OH who pointed out with astonishment what age I will be next birthday then quickly followed it with a gleeful cackle at my horror when I realised he was right) so I'll be sticking to Mr Tennant for my doctorial dreaming.

Matt's a bit older than me but Karen Gillan is the same age as me soooooooo I deem that acceptable grounds for my proposed acquistion of said Doctor! (Completely senseless grounds but shhh!)

I've a friend who looks IDENTICAL to Matt Smith in the specs photo. And said friend is dressing up as the 11th Doctor for Halloween this year!

I quite like Amy. I love the character, not as sure about Gillan's ability to portray her. Didn't realise the actress was only 21/22 when filming though, that's pretty young.

I can't imagine what the Christmas Special is going to be about!!

I've only seen this weeks episode once so far, but I'm really hoping that the Christmas Special will be what was discussed on the phone call The Doctor took towards the end of the programme. (Don't think there's any need to spoiler most of this, as I can't exactly remember what it was but I do know there was mention of

The Orient Express

!)

Surely no more far fetched than the titanic travelling through space..:D

I only just watched the last episode last night as I spent the weekend in the garden and missed it because of horrible scheduling. I did really enjoy it and have no problem with Matt Smith and thought he did a great job in whats been an up and down series for me.

Poor ole Matt Smith. Well *I* think he's adoreable.

It's a shame that so many are assessing his ability to be the Doctor on how good looking he is, anyone remember Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, McCoy etc?

Anyway, to tide you all over until Christmas . . .

Johnny Depp to star in 'Doctor Who' film?

I'm pretty sure this is Digital Spy trying their old trick of turning a net rumour into "news", but I'm hoping it's not true because:

1) It seems Johnny Depp is linked to or in every film with a slightly eccentric character these days

and (more importantly)

2) He's not fuppin' British!

It's a shame that so many are assessing his ability to be the Doctor on how good looking he is.

Well, I'm certainly not, if you were implying that by quoting me specifically. His being adoreable is a bonus.

Johnny Depp is completely wrong in every possible way for anything to do with Doctor Who.