Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol Mia I thought whatever was in the box was making the dreamworld thing so that the doctor would be there when it came out the box...or something like that.

Hmm, that's kind of got me thinking.

The Dream Lord is pretty much the only previous episode they didn't touch on this week - I really hope that isn't the resolution . . .

Hmm, that's kind of got me thinking.

The Dream Lord is pretty much the only previous episode they didn't touch on this week - I really hope that isn't the resolution . . .

Oh I hope not hadn't even thought about that...Stonehenge though hilarious all that digging up by the stones and the geophys we have done and no one picked up the underground chamber :D

I smiled when I saw that as well, Noll.

As for the episode, I have to be honest, I enjoyed it immensely. It was a good twist having The Doctor's enemies unite against him, as opposed to him just fighting off one like usual. I picked up on the box being something for or to do with the Doctor himself, because River said 'I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him,' when discussing the Pandorica. That was a clever nod in the direction. As for how they'll solve it. Of course The Doctor still has his sonic screwdriver - that's basically capable of anything other than breaking down wooden doors. There's still Amy - she's obviously not dead - Rory, and River that are capable of saving him also. I'm looking forward to the finale, though.

Of course The Doctor still has his sonic screwdriver - that's basically capable of anything other than breaking down wooden doors.

And dead-lock seals, which they mentioned the Pandorica contained (amongst several other things).

Something everyone seems to have forgotten - this was all in River Song's past when she met the Doctor earlier in the season.

I didn't watch it last week so that I could watch both parts together. I've been desperately avoiding spoilers all week...can't wait to see it tonight :D

I considered doing that, but I knew I couldn't resist! :(

Absolutely brilliant! Once again, the writing and acting were pure quality. RTD did a great job with the previous series and bringing Dr Who back to life, but Stephen Moffatt is in a league of his own, I think. And I love Matt Smith!

That was superb.

SUPERB, I SAY!

And my my didn't Matt Smith look dashing towards the end?!

I thought the acting was fantastic this week, the story was great, wrapped up perfectly, loved it all. Also love that the bigger story arc of what caused it all is out there for next season.

Yeah.... I think I kind of have to watch it again, don't I?! :(

Aw man. Awww man.

I'm rewatching the series, and I'm up to the second part of the Weeping Angel episodes.

We all know that in the finale,

the Doctor stopped off there when Amy had her eyes closed and told her to remember what he told her when she was 7. So, obviously I was watching out for that scene this time around. And there it was! With the Doctor wearing the tweed coat he shouldn't have had! How did I miss that the first time through? And, knowing where he's just come from, you can hear the difference in how he's talking and everything.

Mad.

And my my didn't Matt Smith look dashing towards the end?!

Dashing? I don't think that's the word I'd use...

Right, I've given it a whole series and come to the following conclusions:

Some good stories and some poor ones (just like any other series of DW).

Amy has become more irritating as the series has gone on.

Rory is a sweetheart.

And... I hate Matt Smith. :( He's very strange looking (and I'm being polite there). But that's mostly irrelevant in the face of my main objection to him: He Is Not A Good Actor. He cannot act. Following Tennant makes it even more apparent. Tennant could convey a whole range of emotion just with one expression. Smith has just two expressions - the over-the-top-slightly-mad one and the block-of-wood one. I can't believe out of everyone they auditioned he got the job.

Well, I know plenty of people on here think he's great, so I'll get myself off into hiding now.

I am so :( at the BBC messing round with schedules. I missed Dr Who yesterday and just went to watch it at its normal spot on BBC3 only to find out that this week it's not on till Friday :D I can't wait that long, off to watch it on iplayer.

That was fantastic! And very clever.

Generally though I didn't think this series matched up to the Tennant series, and although I had no specific problems with Matt Smith's Doctor he wasn't anything special either.