Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raven, that made me choke with laughter on a sweet I was eating.

There aren't enough w's in the world to fully convey the 'awwww' that picture warrants.

He is just so freaking adoreable. :D Bless, indeed! :)

I bought the first series 5 DVD yesterday, and watched The Eleventh Hour last night.

I'm convinced it is the best first episode for a new Doctor; it sweeps away all the drudge and tiredness of the final few Tennant stories with one big brush and is simply a tremendous amount of fun!

Hold onto your seats - I actually really enjoyed that episode! ;)

I didn't think I would, as I can't stand James Corden, and the prospect of watching two people I hate for 45 minutes was not something I was looking forward to. But it was great! The Doctor was less annoying than usual, and even Corden didn't irritate me once.

The script just seemed more natural than usual, with some good humour, and the story was gripping.

I didn't really get why they could suddenly touch the pilot thingy without being harmed, just because they were thinking about how much they wanted to stay.

And poor Sophie was obviously mentally unbalanced or needed glasses, as I'm sure she looked at the Doctor and then said something like "You didn't tell me he was so handsome". Very strange. :smile2:

I can't stand James Corden, and the prospect of watching two people I hate for 45 minutes was not something I was looking forward to. But it was great! The Doctor was less annoying than usual, and even Corden didn't irritate me once.

I felt the same way, I despise James Corden and was quite frankly dreading this episode, especially after last weeks one, which I adored, but like you I ended up not minding it so much.

Loved the episode (although I still think Vincent and The Doctor was better), great fun, cheap to make but looked great, and I love James Corden and wish he could be in it every week! Especially in Confidential as he was really funny, and it was probably the best episode of Confidential so far this series.

As with a lot of others, I really don't like James Corden (I don't think he is half as clever as he likes to think he is) but he was okay in this - mainly because he was playing the straight man to Smith's comedy Doctor. One of the stronger episodes this year, but not quite as funny as I was expecting.

I'm revising down my opinion of Vincent and the Doctor, after watching it again on Friday, from Good to OK. There were some very good performances, and some good individual moments, but it doesn't hang together very well. Yes, you have a big emotional hit at the end (which was very good), but the whole Space Chicken bit wasn't half as good as it should have been. There were some very unconvincing bits where Curran is looking one way and the monster is evidently somewhere else. For a lot of the time he is swinging around as though he can't see it as well - which I guess was true for him as an actor, but it shouldn't have been for the character he was playing!

For a lot of the time he is swinging around as though he can't see it as well - which I guess was true for him as an actor, but it shouldn't have been for the character he was playing!

I can't remember which cast member, but one of them has said that monsters are portrayed to the actors by a tennis ball or similar object on a rope, so to be honest even the actor should have been able to keep up with it's movements.

As for last night's, I did find it rather funny. And it was definitely one of the better episodes of this season so far. The worrying thing about that is, that this is the only episode so far that's hardly involved Amy...

Personally I don't think she's a very strong character. Previous assistants have been far more 'involved' in the scripts than Amy. I like Matt Smith as a doctor, but so far the season doesn't live up to what I am dubbing the Tenant Years.

Hold onto your seats - I actually really enjoyed that episode! :lol:

The script just seemed more natural than usual, with some good humour, and the story was gripping.

And what's more amazing, is that I came to say the same thing.. which means not only did I enjoy it, but I agree with Mia again! ;)

And poor Sophie was obviously mentally unbalanced or needed glasses, as I'm sure she looked at the Doctor and then said something like "You didn't tell me he was so handsome". Very strange. :smile2:

Absolutely! Although, he did look a bit better with her hair flatter.

And it was definitely one of the better episodes of this season so far. The worrying thing about that is, that this is the only episode so far that's hardly involved Amy...

Maybe that's one of the things which made it a better episode for me - as the series has gone on, she's annoyed me more and more.

I'm looking forward to next week's now. ;)

I enjoyed that episode too, thought it was one of the better ones, maybe it was because it was a better script which actually worked I wish they wouldn't have Amy shout so much though.

Who the hell are you, and where is Mia?

:smile2: All I can think is that someone nicked my password and logged on as me.

Maybe that's one of the things which made it a better episode for me - as the series has gone on, she's annoyed me more and more.

I wish they wouldn't have Amy shout so much though.

I've always liked Amy, but in this last episode she really did annoy me! Admittedly, Karen Gillan had a tough job as all she had to do was shout and fall around the Tardis, so I guess there wasn't much she could do with that! But she is getting slightly more irritating as time goes on. At least she was finally wearing some sensible jeans this week!

Karen Gillan had a tough job as all she had to do was shout and fall around the Tardis, so I guess there wasn't much she could do with that! But she is getting slightly more irritating as time goes on. At least she was finally wearing some sensible jeans this week!

Anyone would think the only reason she got the job was her legs

Gareth Roberts always seems to get the humour right in his scripts. He wrote The Shakespeare Code which I loved for all the jokes about the quotes that the great man hadn't written yet and The Unicorn and The Wasp which (although I'm not an Agatha Christie expert) I thought was a brilliant nod to the crime writer, with all the little mentions of her books.

As this didn't include an historical figure, I thought he handled the comedy well, using the weirdness of The Doctor to two ordinary people to brilliant effect.

They put Matt Smith in a box - Yay!! :D

In all seriousness though, that was rather cool, seeing all the enemies collected together like that. I'm confused though.. why were they convinced that only the Doctor can control the Tardis, when obviously River can?

They put Matt Smith in a box - Yay!! :D

Nice one Michelle! :D I actually thought that he might be in the box when it first opened, but then that all got a bit paradoxy and my brain started to hurt so I gave up on that theory.

I was gripped for the first 30 mins, it was like Doctor Who used to be in the Tennant glory days (ha!). But then I sort of lost interest...

I thought Amy's encounter with the Cyberman head was very cool though.

And the bit at the beginning where the poor prison guard was covering "River" and it was the drawing was funny.