Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was shocked - I didn't realise it was a 'spoiler' because I avoid the spoiler threads.

I'm disappointed as he's fantastic as DW, but I was disappointed when Christopher Eccleston left too. Hopefully the replacement will be just as good.

I wanted to see Tennant in Hamlet but the tickets sold out really quickly. :)

Are you saying that this thread is a 'spoiler' Janet? It's just been announced on National TV, and was almost immediately breaking news on the BBC web site!

No, not at all - sorry.

What I meant was that when he announced it, I didn't realise he was saying it for the first time. :)

Not sure I'm explaining it very well. If it had been announced before then I wouldn't have known as I don't read any DW Spoilers on any forums I frequent, so he might have been just saying it, rather than announcing it for the first time.

If that makes sense! :D

I too thought Christopher Ecclestone was great, until David Tennant... after DT watching the Ecclestone episodes again it just didn't seem as good!

Whoever follows DT will have a tough time, I reckon. Robert Carlisle's an interesting choice though; the Doctor with a bit of a hard-man edge :)

I'd love to see someone cmpletely different as the Dr - perhaps Eddie Izzard - he's making quite a name for himself as an actor and he's got a quirky charm that would work wonderfully well. I'd LOVE for him to be the Dr - if not an assistant...

I hated it when Christopher Eccleston left and thought no-one could replace him. Now I think the same about David Tennant :) My replacement idea would be Robert Carlisle. I love him and think he would suit the bill.

If he played the Dr in the style of begby, I would watch Dr Who for the first time.

Very sad to hear this. :) I heard it said a long time ago, but was hoping it wasn't true. I adore David Tennant.

I wouldn't like Robert Carlisle to replace him, I think he'd be too agressive. *Suddenly remembers The Full Monty and thinks that he might be ok after all* I wasn't keen on Ecclestone - he was OK at the time, but he always seemed slightly unhinged to me.

Here are William Hill's odds for the next Dr:

2/1 Robert Carlyle

4/1 Jason Statham

9/2 Alan Davies

6/1 James Nesbitt

7/1 John Simm

10/1 Julian Walsh

12/1 Daniel Radcliffe

14/1 Nigel Harman

25/1 Catherine Tate

33/1 Billie Piper

Actually, Alan Davies might be a really good choice!

How on earth could it be Billie or Catherine though? They've both been assistants...

I think Robert Carlyle would be a good choice - as I said :) I think Nigel Harman would be interesting but he reminds me of David Tennant. I would love to see Catherine Tate come back, maybe he could change into a female and shock us all :D they could at least bring her back in a flashback or two :lol:

Alan Davies is Jonathan Creek to me and always will be. So it would taint Doctor Who.

Here are William Hill's odds for the next Dr:

2/1 Robert Carlyle

4/1 Jason Statham

9/2 Alan Davies

6/1 James Nesbitt

7/1 John Simm

10/1 Julian Walsh

12/1 Daniel Radcliffe

14/1 Nigel Harman

25/1 Catherine Tate

33/1 Billie Piper

What an awful selection - I don't like any of them! Robert Carlyle is the best of a bad bunch there. :) I think I'll go for Richard Armitage instead - it would be nice if they replaced someone I fancy with someone else I fancy! But I think he could do it, he's quite a good actor. He's done nasty in Robin Hood and sweet and nice in the Vicar of Dibley.

Jason Statham? somehow I don't see it :)

Robert Carlyle could be a good choice, bring a bit of a edge to the character :D

I will miss David Tennant! :lol: