Does anyone else get depressed after finishing books?

opalwhite

hi, i'm in late 20s, in a happy marriage and mum of 2. love reading all sorts but especially when romance is involved, loved sevenwaters trilogy- juliet marillier, stephenie meyers vampire collection, clan of the cave bear etc, i cant get enough but i wondered if anyone else gets down after finishing them, i seem to get really low wishing i could experience this kind of passionate love - Edward Cullen:roll:, am i really really sad or does anyone else experience this?

thanks for the feedback. think i'll probably have to stop reading the romantic ones, i must be odd cause its not the ending of the books i mind, its the men in the books that i want to keep HA HA:lol:

That`s probably why I don`t read romantic stories, I`d get depressed coming back to reality! :)

I sometimes feel sad coming to the end of a particularly enjoyable book, but because I've so many more to choose from that feeling doesn't last very long.

Sometimes I have difficulty choosing my next book because I've enjoyed the last book so much. That makes me sad, or probably more frustrated because I just want to get on and read.

thanks for the feedback. think i'll probably have to stop reading the romantic ones, i must be odd cause its not the ending of the books i mind, its the men in the books that i want to keep HA HA:lol:

*Soppy moment warning*

At the risk of making everyone vomit, I just look at my wonderful husband and it reminds me he is far better than any leading man ina book.

I am reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' at the moment and, after hearing how it had affected friends who had read it, thought that I would find it depressing too but, harrowing though the tale is, this has not been the case. It is a moving and inspirational tale.

I do sometimes feel sad when reaching the end of a book that I have particularly enjoyed but then this mood has been lifted when I've discovered that the author of said book has written loads more!

• 2 weeks later...

I get depressed after finishing books I didn't enjoy reading. Not only have I wasted my time, but even after the curtain drops, I still have to suffer the unwanted guests: the shabby or implausible or ham-fisted characters hanging around in my head, popping up in my dreams, etc.

Edited by Ben Mines

• 2 weeks later...

I never get sad when I reach the end of a book because I usually start thinking of what I want to read next. When I reach the end of the book I am exhausted with it and want to finish it. I haven't come across a book yet where I am so connected with it that I don't want to finish it.

I get melancholy when finishing books I have particularly enjoyed, because I feel sad I'll never meet the characters I've grown to love ever again. This happens most with big books and/or series (Twilight being one of the latter), because the longer I "stay with" some characters the more attached I get to them and the harder saying goodbye is.

Luckily I get over it quite soon because I know there are plenty of books out there with plenty of new characters to fascinate me :D

As for the "I'll never be loved like that" part, I do have the thought every now and then, every time something particularly soppy happens -- but it's only a fleeting moment as I am fairly certain that some of the things happen only in books anyway. :)

I get melancholy when finishing books I have particularly enjoyed, because I feel sad I'll never meet the characters I've grown to love ever again. This happens most with big books and/or series (Twilight being one of the latter), because the longer I "stay with" some characters the more attached I get to them and the harder saying goodbye is.

Yeah, that's exactly how I get, especially with Twilight <3

Other than that, I usually feel terribly sad when reading Torey Hayden books, or any other real life abuse books, like A Child Called "It" :D I read lots of different stories along this vein, and it never fails to amaze me that there are such monsters in the world:motz:

I was kinda sad when Twilight ended. For all the mocking I do of the series, I did enjoy it. I got through it in 3 days, and it was SO much information in so little time that I felt quite disappointed that I didn't drag it out.